Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
New AS delivery checklist I've modified

I have found a pretty good checklist that is easy to work with so I can print a hard copy and use it for when our Serenity arrives in the next few weeks.

I found this version on this site somewhere, and made a word doc out of it for our incoming AS.

What I'm asking for is you folks to review how I've modified it for a '19 Serenity with 50 amp service.

I'm looking to see if there is anything is missing from the walk through list....also if anything is blatantly wrong.

There is one area of the checklist that I know needs work and that is the Aldi system.

I will gladly provide the finished word doc for anyone to have to make it their own going forward.

I'll post new updated versions as feedback comes in for all to see it evolve.

So any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airstream-New-25RB.pdf (115.9 KB, 454 views)
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Some quick thoughts.
A comprehensive list.
If it were me, I would use this list after the dealer/sales person used their own airstream heavy bond paper list that comes with your paperwork, and they go through that list first, and sign off on everything.
Then, I would use your list, and go over the whole RV myself, possibly repeating everything you just saw your sales person do, on the lot, before handing over the final check. If it takes another day, then it takes another day.
I recently visited an Airstream dealer (not mine) who stated their new owner walkdown briefing took three hours, and they did not provide for overnight stays on their lot. I would not buy from this dealership.
The other prep before the prep that I would suggest is to search and view every video you can find on the Serenity, and get as familiar with it as you can before the delivery day.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Looks good. I am a believer in checklists of all kinds.

The activity has been heavy on this forum, especially the past few days. Probably your thread was quickly swamped off the current topics and barely seen when you first posted.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Thanks for the feedback....

I'd like to be able to better "review" the aldi system itself, the aldi thread here is so massive that I don't know what is fact vs fiction (per say).

I'm trying to understand the specifics I should be looking at for the walk through on that part, that is the only area where I really have any type of "concern" to review before we leave the lot with it.

It is due in mid March, so I'm trying to get a "set" version and get it ready to go.....

We are both excited!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Any final input from anyone? We are leaving next week to head to factory.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
I have found a pretty good checklist that is easy to work with so I can print a hard copy and use it for when our Serenity arrives in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Chris
Over 2 years later, this list is still very helpful. I now have a WORD version that I am updating in advance of picking up our new International 25 FBT in October.

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
Charlotte , North Carolina
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!
M3771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts8501 View Post
Over 2 years later, this list is still very helpful. I now have a WORD version that I am updating in advance of picking up our new International 25 FBT in October.
Glad to hear ...

I can provide the word doc if anyone really wants it.

It helped us not get blind sided by the newness of the unit.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:26 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Portland , Oregon
I would appreciate a copy of your Word version.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Bryan
blacklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Boise , Idaho
The only item I would add to this now under exterior is "Check for creases along front as sign of frame separation.".
mbronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:38 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I’m glad this got resurrected. I’ll be taking ownership in a couple months on a different model but it’s a great starting point.[emoji1360]
Gotta_Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
I've added the suggestion and went back and reviewed and updated a lot of the wording, syntax, and added items that may have been missed initially.

It's a living document, so it can be added or modified however, whenever.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airstream-New-25RB Rev2.pdf (340.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 04-24-2022, 06:28 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
Additional items for the checklist

I was supposed to get a new Airstream in April but with one ting and another that’s out to fall sometime. I was thinking about a checklist, though, and found the excellent one in this thread. Thanks!

I do have a couple suggestion for addition. Check the fit and finish around the turn signals and running lights. Examine every spot where the exterior aluminum is breached for scratches where filiform can breed.

Check to make sure the sub-flooring material is as promised (with supply chain issues being what they are…).
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1 View Post
I was supposed to get a new Airstream in April but with one ting and another that’s out to fall sometime. I was thinking about a checklist, though, and found the excellent one in this thread. Thanks!

I do have a couple suggestion for addition. Check the fit and finish around the turn signals and running lights. Examine every spot where the exterior aluminum is breached for scratches where filiform can breed.

Check to make sure the sub-flooring material is as promised (with supply chain issues being what they are…).
Since the checklist attached is for a new unit, how does one exactly check for filiform corrosion when it hasn't ever been exposed to the elements?

How exactly do you check the floor when all the trim elements are bolted to it? Are you expecting a dealer to disassemble the trim to validate what is already known to be the new composite floor material?

Fit and finish around the tail lights can be added, just one more thing to verify....

The questions are serious...not being sarcastic....if the list were for a used trailer that changes the dynamics of the list.....the question at hand are truly sincere....and for a new trailer.....what is the expectation?