Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2021, 05:36 PM   #21
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Closer to home

You have Airstream service options closer to home in Kerrville, Austin and Kyle/Buda. They all get higher Google ratings than the Houston AS dealer.

For structural repairs I would take mine to the factory. I don't think the dealers do a lot of body work and aren't as good at it.
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:49 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
I recommend you take the trailer back to JC to get the frame crease fixed. They built it, they know best how to correct it.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:11 PM   #23
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee;
I recommend you take the trailer back to JC to get the frame crease fixed. They built it, they know best how to correct it.
X2 without a doubt. They have a standard approach for correcting this known issue. Mine is scheduled for the spring.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #24

2019 27' Globetrotter
norwalk , Ohio
33 Classic

This is my second airstream. I live in Ohio Fortunately I live about 2 hours from Jackson Center. After our first outing the kitchen sink broke loose and collapsed. Several moldings were not attached properly. The porch light was loose and gapped. Automatic blinds functioned intermittent. Recliner chairs kept blowing fuses. All were repaired at the service center at no charge. My point being since the purchase of my first airstream approx 4 years ago the fit and finish has gone down. There seems to be a quality control issue at the factory I’m not impresssed!
dolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2020 27' Flying Cloud
2005 28' Safari
Miami , Florida
Patience.

While I hate to say this, you are going to have to be patient. I have been waiting 0ver 14 months for things like refrigerator parts and range knobs for my 2020. Globetrotter 30RB.

As far as your wrinkle, you probably need to eat it.

Consider it “personality” to your trailer. IMHO

It would be great if the Airstream Club could provide delivery assistance through experienced owners prior to delivery pickup.
Bgarhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Warranty work

Good luck. We have a 2018 Classic 33. Bought new May, 2018. Our rig has been on dealer lots and JC (3X) for over 400 days for warranty work. Most problems have centered around Alde system, Relax awning and TV projector. Since 2018, we’ve probably been able to camp less than 60 days. Airstream did approve of 1 add’l year of warranty but not very sympathetic of our continuing problems.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:18 PM   #27

2021 30' Flying Cloud
SW , Utah
I feel your pain. Our 2021 FC 30RB has just over 3,000 miles on it. It’s currently at the dealership now to repair 2 cracked walls, a stained floor (cause unknown as of yet), and a bathroom door that doesn’t stay closed because it’s too small.
James Bacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Not fixed yet?

Well there goes the “Factory has it under control now in 2021 after all these years?”

I am so glad we ditched the front locker model for a non front locker. Section is weak with that locker hole in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nryn View Post
You’ve probably read several people report that this is a sign of frame separation.

I had it addressed at JC and it took a (very) full day—the tech told me what’s involved and it’s a lot. But my understanding is that they have someone dedicated to this task and probably tools and procedures for dealing with it efficiently. But (again, probably not much consolation) it’s good that this is happening to your trailer early, during the warranty period. Once it is addressed you won’t have to worry about it again (it’s a long-running production flaw from what I understand).
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Absolutely

Run do not walk away from a repair other than the factory. Went went through this like many we feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
You should take a look at this new thread: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...fb-227874.html

That shows what happens when the front end separation gets worse. And it shows that years can go by before the issue becomes serious.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:24 AM   #31
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Until somebody good tears into this trailer ( and a few others that are in other threads) there is no way to really *know* what the problem is. I most certainly needs to be fixed. It is a warranty item. It's not gong to be cheap or easy to repair.

That said, is it an assembly issue that only showed up after transport? Is it a fame problem? Is it front end separation? There's no way you can tell from just looking at this or that wrinkle on a new trailer. Even if it is some sort of cosmetic problem, they (the factory service at JC) need to fix it. I would not do it at a dealer. The factory guys need to get eyes on something like this.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote