Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
A special thanks to Lou and Larry Woodruff for checking out an Argosy for me. Also I must mention the continuing support and advise of the master, Balrgn. He is always there to help me with my Argosy restoration and repair questions. Quite a Yankee.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh yes.....thanks General Dissaray for help in buying the right camera.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
One thing I discovered is that if you are a routine/frequent shipper with FedEx frieght, you can become a "favored customer" and the shipping discounts are terrific, like $60 versus $250. We need to establish the Vintage Airstream Parts, LLC (VAP, LLLC) with a shipping number so we can get our stuff to each other for reasonable cost.

Ideas on how to ensure the "shipper" pays the bill, in such a virtual company?

------

well, blow me down, a simultaneous post on this subject right here (so I'll just drop this edit in place...)

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...rts-24842.html

-------------[/quote]

Zep , this was a great idea that should be resurected. The other thread sort of died. With so many people criss crossing the country some might be willing to transport some things , depending on difficulty of pick up and drop off . Any way , It might be nice to have a special category for these post for those willing and those in need to see if it would work. I like the idea of the central shipping for discount also . Tell us more .
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #24
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Kudos to Druupy for giving me a pile of vintage awning fabric at last Fall's Beverly Beach Rally. Thanks to him, Sparky will have a spiffy new awning soon!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
overlander63 - Lewster

Thanks to Terry for being so generous with his mechanical knowledge of Airstreams, and for taking the time to give me safe and scenic (and adventurous) directions out of Miami on the maiden voyage with our brand new Airstream, and to Lewster for giving consistently good direction on all things technical.

But, most importantly, thanks to all who contribute here. This forum has been one of my best learning experiences since police academy.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh BOY!!

Oh Boy there are not enough Kudos to go around to all the people that have helped Peter and I

To GSymes - Greg and Max of Louisianna for all their help in getting our 69 GT

To Happy Campers who were our first Canadian welcome home PM that has turned into a life time friendship for sure

To Inside Out - for the trays she sent way back when - and all her help over the years - if only I could find the one I am suppose to send to you!!!!

To Summerkid - for sending me, out the blue and their goodness, the MoonBeam StainGlass piece

To Wheelinterested - for starting a trend here at the forums that has touched and changed so many lives - Rivettes Rock

To Mel for the simple kindness of sending me fiberglass difusers for LadyBug's Lamp shades

To all the Rivettes who had the courage to to tow and meet new people!

To Tinsista -Steph for letting us send countless new parts to her and Daves place and playing with their beautiful son Sam

To all the Gals of Michigan and the hosts of the Rivette Rush

To artstream - Michael for sharing a "Burning Man" moment - you know the one - Sky-diving - I never laughed so hard.... And for having in stock A piece of art - the destination is the journey - how befitting

To Lou (Loudruf) for sending me an absolutely beautiful LadyBug personalized stamp card

To Paula - for arranging the airstream factory tour for us - I was a kid in a candy shop and still think you should have arranged for Large Shopping Carts - AS corporate please take note!

To all those members who put up with my dry humour & my soap box stances. - there is an ignore button option

To all those members who have taken the time to offer up their advice to us and point us in the right direction with all the questions we have asked....
Like Captain Kent, SilverTwinkie -both, TomW who saved peter from electricuting himself and another gentle man who warned peter that he should just toss the old Bowen water heater - but instead Peter thought it would be better to let it fire once - and just about burned his head off!

To Flyfisher for the Southern Shine - the polishing kind - it is great on all the little tough spots!

To all those who who have sent me Karma!!!!

To any and all that I have inadvertantly missed kudos for your kindness and williness to help and or share your AS experiences with us!

To the Moderators and the owner who make this community a place for all to SHARE!

This is a Puuuurrfect PLace to hang out!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote