Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

Portland , Oregon
Looking to rent airstream for wedding in VA

Hello there through CL someone directed me to this forum to find an airstream to rent for my wedding in early August in Hague Virginia. I am just trying to see if renting one for the night of our wedding is within our budget. We are having our wedding on the grounds of a large plantation home and our close family will be staying in the home so we would like something special for the evening of our wedding rather then be in the house with family. We are actually currently living in Portland, OR and trying to bring as much of the Pacific Northwest lifestyle to our wedding. I think not only will an airstream be a romantic and fun place to spend the night it will also add a cool backdrop to our very rustic wedding. I have no idea about how much this would cost as you would have to drop off and pick up and so I may not even sure I'll be able to afford this but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

Cydnea
CydneaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
You should probably specify that you're looking for a double-bed or queen-bed trailer with plenty of AC capacity, assuming the plantation has a 30A RV outlet or big generator available. I'm sure hot-and-muggy is not the kind of hot that you imagine for your wedding night.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
It sounds like a neat idea, but be warned that you may run into some resistance unless you rent from a trailer rental company.

See this thread:

Do You Loan Out Your Airstream?
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
"Airstreamdad" rents his Airstream to folks visiting in the Washington DC area. You might send him a PM.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #5

Portland , Oregon
I absolutely understand the hesitation to rent or loan your RV. I guess I just have read that some people do so and I am also a responsible and respectful person so I take care of things and return them the way I am given them. I have rented homes/apts since I was 18 and never once saint receive my security deposit back which I think shows I am responsible and honest when using others belongings.
On another note I am not familiar with rvs/airstreams so I don't know much about setting it up and need electrical and plumbing. I suppose I am just looking for a bed. It would be nice to be able to pee inside and not run outside to pee but we could make do. And yes it is our wedding night so with out getting down to the details we could provide out own bedding. : )

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
CydneaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Nearly all Airstreams are fully self-contained for a short while... Since '74 they're self-contained for longer by having a tank for wash water in addition to the blackwater tank for the toilet. If there's no sewer and/or water connection, the (potential) owner renting you the trailer would just need to know that you'll need fresh water and he'll need to plan to dump the tanks somewhere else after the rental.

I think in August in VA you'll want enough electrical service to run the AC.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Am I the only one feeling uneasy about the idea of this? Yikes.

Good luck! Maybe you will get lucky. Maybe thats why it aint happening in my trailer!

I think Pam Andersons trailer is still for sale. Now THAT would be a great honeymoon trailer!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I am thinking if you rent it to him you may want to add additional stabilizers you wouldn't want to cause any rear end separation.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote