Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Looking for assistance/inspection, North Phoenix Area ;)

I hope I am posing this in the correct forum.

We are hoping we can find someone located in the North Phoenix area that is able to spot possible problem areas and help us to determine that everything is good to go, before we start to back to her bring her glory.

We just purchased a 1974 31' Sovereign and are in need of some sort of assistance. I have no literature or shop manual to help us figure out what is what and how things work in this trailer.

We would like to check out the AC and gas items to make sure there are no issues and we would like to check for any water line leaks, but without proper information I am a bit weary of doing anything.

When we bought her, there was no way to check out any of the items as the propane tanks were not present, nor was there electricity.
We got such a good deal on it that it was hard to pass up.

I do know the belly pan and frame that surrounds the black water tank needs to be replaced. We have a vertical hairline crack in the shower wall panel...do not know if this is critical or if it is a sign of other hidden issues.

Kitchen counter is also cracked as well as the plastic section up front above the settees....crack is about 4 inches long.

The floor in this trailer is like new, solid from fore to aft, so I can't imagine the floor causing the crack, but who knows.

I need to get a key made from one of the lower outside storage compartments to see what is inside of them. I think I saw an inverter through a square cut out from inside one of the closets located by the tub.

I have no idea where the fresh water tank is, if there is one?

We could sure use some help, if anyone knows of a person that can do this, please feel free to Pm me.

Regards
Wheelin
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Calgary , Alberta
1973 Factory Airstream Service Manual Combo

1973 Airstream Factory Service Manual | eBay

This is a link on E-Bay. I bought a pdf soft copy last year and loaded it on my computer. Mine was a 1974 manual. The site is good and they will send you a printed copy of the factory manual and the owners manual. I couldn't find the 1974 manual that I received but they may have one. Good luck.
48tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48tucker View Post
1973 Airstream Factory Service Manual | eBay

This is a link on E-Bay. I bought a pdf soft copy last year and loaded it on my computer. Mine was a 1974 manual. The site is good and they will send you a printed copy of the factory manual and the owners manual. I couldn't find the 1974 manual that I received but they may have one. Good luck.
Thank you for your response, but we will not be needing it.

We have decided to sell the Airstream and keep the Spartan my wife got me
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote