Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Katrina escape capsule....

After retireing last December as the Emergency Manager and Deputy Fire Chief for the City of New Orleans, (WHEW!), I took my own advice on August 28th. and pulled my recently aquired '96 34 footer out ahead ot the fast approaching storm and was on the road nearly seven weeks. Thanks to Road King Moe for keeping in touch and their genuine concern. But to quote 'Dorothy', "there's no place like home", even though there is a 40 year old cedar tree in your spare bedroom. No water though, and it can all be fixed.
Anyone know where I can get some of the Southco black plastic wardrobe latches that we wore out? Also resolved to fix that sagging ceiling, and the two cats assured that we WILL replace the carpet before going out again.
Thanks again Moe.
Terry
Terry C. Tullier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Glad to hear you are safe and well!

Terry, glad to hear that you and your family are well. Folks on the forum were thinking of you and hoping for the best. Your story would be a great feature for Airstream Life! Blessings and best wishes for your rebuilding time.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Good to hear from you again, Terry, and see that you're so upbeat about the damage. You bought that Airstream and got familiar with it just in the nick of time!

You might find it interesting we're selling our MacGregor sailboat after not using it as much as we expected, and the gentleman who's buying it is also a NO resident, who lost his to the hurricane at a marina.

I agree that it can all be fixed, and New Orleans will be back better than ever!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
shaken and stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C. Tullier
"there's no place like home", even though there is a 40 year old cedar tree in your spare bedroom. No water though, and it can all be fixed.

Hi Terry, I'm glad that you are safe and I pray that your family, friends, and neighbors are well also. Having just spent a week in Gulfport and Pass Christian helping to re-roof and gut houses I am sensitive to your surroundings. In one 30 minute drive to lunch we passed at least 100 empty concrete slabs where homes once stood. Many unlucky folks have a standing but "totaled" home that they are now responsible for moving to the curb for city removal. The scale of the tragedy is still beyond my comprehension though it was heart warming to see first hand the private relief effort having some positive effect on the area. Lest we Notherners forget, since it's not in the headlines anymore, it never hurts to remind people that the recovery will take years, especially in the smaller less affluent areas that were hit by high water and winds.

Kind regards,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote