Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
Just saw the movie RV (again)

I saw this movie a long time ago, long before I ever had one. I've been fortunate enough never had any issues like the movie. Curious to anyone's experience relating the movie adventure.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:10 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Yukon, , Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to trailerguy1 Send a message via Yahoo to trailerguy1
Our first Airstream was a 1957 26 ft Overlander bought in 1969, it had one axle with electric brakes,, one with hydraulic.I only was able to hook up the electric one. Coming home from a trip I made a really sharp right turn Almost a u turn to get onto our street.As we drove closer to home people were running out looking and waving to us. We thought they were admiring our beautiful Airstream and jealous because they did not own one.
Turned out to be, the rear hydraulic brakes had locked the rear wheels when I made the tight turn and the tires were smoking. By the time the FIRE TRUCK pulled us over they burst into flame. Lucky for us the Fireman put out the flames BEFORE our baby was damaged beyond a lot of soot. Trust me when I say I did not look at anyone as I drove away, with my now non-smoking AIRSTREAM in tow.

Trailer guy 1
Bill&Faye DeLong
WBCCI 7816

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
trailerguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote