Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
It's not such a Simple life.

I think that when this poor follow brought this Airstream (2004 International 25') he thought he had picked up a real money maker. I think he has found out that it didn't work out too well for him. The AS in question was used in the show "The Simple Life" by Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. I think it has been a devaluing experience for this poor AS. Check it out

Sale #1

Sale #2

Sale #3

Sale #4

The bottom line is if these two knuckleheads stay in your AS don't tell anyone.
SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
How sad - the starting bid in sale #3 is $2k lower than the actual bid he got in sale #2, which failed to meet the reserve.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yea - when I saw that I wondered why anyone would think it some value because those two trashed it accross the country.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
He should convert the Airstream to a museum. There's just enough room for the gullible to venerate the infamous! When I heard Paris and Nicole were travelling in an Airstream I wondered if they could stand the privation! I hope Paris had time to reconsider when she was banged up! Lol!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
The idea that you could make some money from an Airstream that two of the biggest celebrity nitwits traveled the country in ,is laughable. Who in their right mind would get satisfaction out of telling everyone that they now own the actual Airstream that Pairs and her drugged out skeletal friend traveled in.I guess some people live such shallow lives that they'll do almost anything to have their name associated with someone famous, or infamous.If it were a good deal and this was the trailer that I was looking for i wouldn't tell anyone it's history because I don't know about anyone else but if someone told me that they had bought the trailer that Paris Hilton filmed The simple Life in, my first thought would be , what an idiot.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
If they take out the pink interior and shag carpet they may be able to pass it off as a normal airstream.

As long as the trailer is in good shape system wise, and structurally...it won't be a bad deal for someone.

Steve
Old 08-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Some of the comments and questions that the people made were very funny.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Is there a meadow where you live?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
This trailer may have been part of the series, I kinda doubt it. The owner changed his story from listing to listing. First he bought it from fox. Then he bought it from someone who bought it from fox, The last listing states (q&a) that fox must have been the owner at some time.

He has a standing offer of $42K on the east coast? Why not ship it for a few grand and be done with it?

The trailer has a few differences from the one I saw in a utube video I watched . The overheads are now white and they were violet in the video. The interior is back to original without any holes left behind. The dinette cusions are now orabge and not flowered.

The NADA priice for a used 04 is around $28,000, minus the bent panel on the rear. What does this smell like to you?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Craftsman.

My thoughts exactly. It amazes me that peoples lives are such a vacuum that they need to live their lives through lives of others. There are very few "celebrities" that I could actually care whether they live or die. They just don't really exist.

In a world full of crap, people need to get a life, simple or not, just their own.

Jonathan
Old 08-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck
Is there a meadow where you live?
So I was wondering if you were asking me that? So I am thinking what does he mean by that? As I was watching some of the US Open. I finally realize what you was asking me. Which is played in Flushing Meadows. Also where the 1939 and 1964-65 Worlds fair was held and this where the New York Mets Baseball team play. Flushing Meadows Corona Park is huge 1,255 acres. In the warmer months is full with no less then 10 soccer games, a couple of cricket games and of course several tennis matches all going on at the same time.

Flushing Meadows is seen in the Men in Black Movie.

I can ride my bike down there in about 15 minutes. Nice ride but no place for my AS.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Yes,
Shame you can't take your Airstream! It wouldn't look out of place with all those other space-age shapes! BTW what Saab do you have? I've been devoted to them for at least 8 years. Now have a '96 900 Cab Turbo!
Marc
Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
You are also a Saab Lover . Are you on any Saab Blogs? If so which ones?

Here is my Saab, no not my TV. I lined it up with my AS one day as a joke.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #14
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
No! You don't want to use that beauty as your TV! I once read a review that said the 900 was a convertible for people with friends! Having said that, the mid-range torque is best experienced when no one else is around to slow you down. A very practical classic! I Love It! I'm on the wrong computer so I can't post my pics. However, it is black with cream leather and those lovely Carlsson wheels! Snap!

With all due respect to the person who started this thread. But, isn't it nice to get onto something more interesting than Paris Hilton? Lol!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Well I started the thread. And this is my "Simple Life".

But anyway you could PM me with any further info.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #16
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman
The idea that you could make some money from an Airstream that two of the biggest celebrity nitwits traveled the country in ,is laughable. Who in their right mind would get satisfaction out of telling everyone that they now own the actual Airstream that Pairs and her drugged out skeletal friend traveled in.I guess some people live such shallow lives that they'll do almost anything to have their name associated with someone famous, or infamous.If it were a good deal and this was the trailer that I was looking for i wouldn't tell anyone it's history because I don't know about anyone else but if someone told me that they had bought the trailer that Paris Hilton filmed The simple Life in, my first thought would be , what an idiot.
AMEN! Jeeze! Who would ever think that saying you bought something from Paris Hilton (re: the bimbo adolescent down the street), would be a badge of value? Except for another bimbo down the street... and one who hopefully, wasn't broke so she could buy whatever it was you were trying to sell her. Kind of like the idiots who bought the "image" of the virgin Mary on the grilled cheese sandwich on ebay...

Well, I'll let y'all in on a secret... I've got the original Airstream the Russians sent into space as Sputnik! Yup. I'm the one, alright. Sell it to one of youse guys, cheap, too...

P.S. Don't tell Paris...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
This trailer may have been part of the series, I kinda doubt it. The owner changed his story from listing to listing. First he bought it from fox. Then he bought it from someone who bought it from fox, The last listing states (q&a) that fox must have been the owner at some time.

He has a standing offer of $42K on the east coast? Why not ship it for a few grand and be done with it?

The trailer has a few differences from the one I saw in a utube video I watched . The overheads are now white and they were violet in the video. The interior is back to original without any holes left behind. The dinette cusions are now orabge and not flowered.

The NADA priice for a used 04 is around $28,000, minus the bent panel on the rear. What does this smell like to you?
I also believe that it's not the same...

I remember that there was a front wrap window with dinette!

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
The seller just needs to hang on to it until these two useless ladies kill themselves from drugs, alcohol or driving and then he'll be able to get his price. Unfortunately it should not take too long.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote