Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I guess I'd best not mention our actual temperatures. But it has been hot by our standards.

Lynn
Old 07-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #62

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
I guess I'd best not mention our actual temperatures. But it has been hot by our standards.

Lynn
Assuming you're in Angel Fire... below 40 tonight and maybe hitting the 80s by Sunday? Somehow I don't feel too sorry for you. It's still 96F here at 22:15.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yes, today was a welcome relief! It got to the 70s. But I think it's going to be too cold to sleep with the windows open tonight.

But there's a price to pay for being cool in the summers. It's called being frigid in the winters. We regularly hit -30F at some point, but this last winter we set a record: -40F.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Assuming you're in Angel Fire... below 40 tonight and maybe hitting the 80s by Sunday? Somehow I don't feel too sorry for you. It's still 96F here at 22:15.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
Dallas , Oregon
Friends -----vacation in the willamette valley of Oregon. Were getting beautiful 70-76 sunny days and 50 degree nights. We still sleep with a down comforter. The coast is just 45 miles away and the mountains of central Oregon are only 80 or do away. Beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1504913475.png
Views:	136
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	134782  
the544man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #65

Austin , Texas
The most beautiful thing about having a house on wheels is chasing the seasons!
Zisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Hueytown , Alabama
It has been near 100 here with extreme high humidity. Love ALabama for a lot of things but not the summer weather. I hate it. If its over 70, I'm not happy. If you have ever been to Alabama in the summer, you know what I mean.

"Son, you can do anything you want, as long as you can read".. J.P. Rambin
Hueytownalss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #67
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Fresno , Texas
The month of June was the hottest recorded for Texas since 1895, according to the National Weather Service. The heat started in May and has not let up at all!
Traildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #68
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
It has been miserable for a lot of folks this Summer. Along with the heat the lack of rain has stressed a large part of the Country.

I guess living in the Northeast has it's benefits after all.

Jump in and cool off....

Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #69
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Water temp here is 85F.

Great thing about Corpus Christi compared to more northerly Texas is that the highs rarely exceed 95F. Of course, that's at 50% humidity (105F Heat Index). But the evenings here along the bay front cool rapidly a half-hour prior to dusk. (Unlike Dallas where it was still 98F at midnight).

The Island, of course, is better.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Speaking of which, are you still getting that steady 35 mph offshore breeze, REDNAX?
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #71
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
That's in winter. Only 18-23 mph nowadays. The difference between North Texas and here is that one can be outside all day if in shade. The breeze makes all the difference (once one has acclimated somewhat to the humidity). On the other hand, outdoor work here is more punishing, IMO, if one is smart enough to -- in either locale -- avoid working the hottest part of the day. Just a few miles away from the coast or the bay and it is brutal. I nominate Alice, TX (40-miles inland) as the worst place in the state.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Just wondered because the wind was just brutal in Port Aransas just before Father's Day.
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #73
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX View Post
I nominate Alice, TX (40-miles inland) as the worst place in the state.
2nd that!
I think humidity is worse than heat. I lived in Kingsville and frequented Corpus Christi. It's the kind of humidity that sticks to you, that's the worst. Also, don't go from a air conditioned room to outside anywhere along the coast. The air will just condense on you! I think Houston is worse than Corpus with regards to humidity.
PaulAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #74
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAir View Post
2nd that!
I think humidity is worse than heat. I lived in Kingsville and frequented Corpus Christi. It's the kind of humidity that sticks to you, that's the worst. Also, don't go from a air conditioned room to outside anywhere along the coast. The air will just condense on you! I think Houston is worse than Corpus with regards to humidity.
It is. Beaumont makes Corpus Christi feel like Phoenix. But double the amount of annual rainfall -- plus big trees -- it's a different place.

Note to above: Being out on Padre or the other barrier islands is a different experience than here on the bay front.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I get all my chores done early (about three or four hours worth) then here it comes...so we hit the city pool first for a few hours (indoor pool today). Then down the street to a motel six that has large sportsbar called Woody's. We find a space up against a far wall and plug in to the interent for the afternoon and kill annother four hours...other elderly folks have been coming in there too for the same reasons. Our rotton luck was when we re located to the south side of town (right under a radio tower/station) the AC motor burnt out. So I took the OLD screen out of the rear bath and installed an 8000 BTU AC unit perched in the window. And even it does not cool at the highth of the day time. You can put your hand on the upper walls and feel the heat there. Will be very glad when this is over. The radio tower has a very good AC running full time so we have the key to it in case we need to cool off right here.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #76
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Our rotten luck was when we re located to the south side of town (right under a radio tower/station) the A/C motor burnt out.

Sorry for that. I sure admire the external window covers rigged up. Look good. And inexpensive.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #77
4 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Joliet , Illinois
Red face

Are all of you "traveling" or "camped & parked" somewhere? We have not yet left home bc of the crazy weather this past Spring and Summer. I'm not a fan of heat and humidity, so in my house is where I'd rather be!! Can't even imagine camping this season!
Lucy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #78
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Hueytown , Alabama
If you want miserable humid heat, come to Alabama in the summer!!! I'm polishing My Silver Streak this summer, and can only get in about 2 hours every few days, with this heat. Have no place to do it inside.

"Son, you can do anything you want, as long as you can read".. J.P. Rambin
Hueytownalss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
I don't know if I can post a picture yet here but if not then click on my signature where it says blogger and you will see where we are at....or better yet hook up with me on facebook I am Billy Ines there. But there, you will see where are are parked in photos. We did just get news of a pretty big job up in Granite OKLA that has to do with restoring a handfull of old brick buildings using my trusty airsbrush.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #80
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueytownalss View Post
If you want miserable humid heat, come to Alabama in the summer!!! I'm polishing My Silver Streak this summer, and can only get in about 2 hours every few days, with this heat. Have no place to do it inside.
I've been buying and moving mulch. By before 1300 it's too much. The humidity and temps sort of coalesce to "decency" for a couple of hours before that (one is still sweating completely through ones clothing, but work can be done). The evening past 1930 is the best time. It's mighty long siesta between those two times.