Old 03-02-2020, 06:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Tiverton , Rhode Island
Interior Designs Ideas

Hello,
I have a 1995 34 wide body trailer. I'm thinking of trying to make some interior changes to the kitchen and living room area. Is there web site where I might be able to view photos what other people have done to their Airstreams to give me some ideas ? I'd like to maybe remove the dinette since I never use it.
Thanks.
Ed

quahogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
One easy thing to do is to go to google and search for airstream interiors and look at the images there.

You can also search the forms here for remodel or refurbish. You can even search for replacing dinette above. A number of owners have replaced the dinette with a pair of recliners, or they have put in a versatile shelf/countertop along the wall to make something of a breakfast bar looking out.

skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Quahogger,

I agree with the previous answer.

I find the internet has an incredible assortment of photographs that you can use as reference material.

In addition to that I also look at Pinterest which is a collection of visual social media pictures. You can also look at Instagram. Airforms also has a lot of photographs on it when you look at the for sale ads. You can open up each advertisement and anything that's been refurbished or redone usually has fairly good pictures and you can save those and resort to them later for inspiration

I would also look at all of the companies that have done the renovations and restorations.

Timeless Travel Trailers
Area 63 Productions
P&S Trailer Service
Colin Hyde Restorations
Flyte Camp Restorations
Hoffman Architecture
Houzz
Mavis the Airstream

The biggest thing is how you put your search request in.

Always use Airstream and images in your request or renovations, restorations interiors designs and things like that.

Many owners will also blog about their design decisions and you can Google interior Airstream designs and see what blogs come up.

Good luck

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
Quartzsite , Arizona
Facebook has a site called Airstream Interior Ideas. Type that in search window and it should pop up, then join.
Pastor Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Ed, just a couple of thoughts. First, since I don't know what sort of changes you are planning, you may be more in the realm of an update rather than a major modification. I'd consider something like changing a backsplash, reupholstering, etc. as an update. Changing from a sofa to a couple of recliners is kind of between. Taking out the sofa and dinette and replacing with a bench that covers the street side, front, and a bit of the curb side with a removable table in the middle would be a major modification. Changing from a front living room to a front kitchen would be a MAJOR modification.

Second, pay attention to weight and balance changes. I've been told that the front kitchen models are quite a bit heavier on the tongue than those that have a front living room.

Third, don't expect to recover any of your costs when you sell. A tasteful, quality update will speed up the sale of your trailer, but it won't add much, if anything, to the price you get. A few years ago we looked at an Airstream that had been "updated" by painting all of the wood white. The work wasn't done well, and looked pretty bad. We passed on the spot.
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote