Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #81
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyride View Post
I think if I lived in that red zone,I`d run like H$LL,I`m worried about Hannah,don`t know where it`s going or how strong it will be.I`m planning on going north to Ohio on Wed. I can`t decide on I-75 or I-95 & I-77,Just reported on weather channel Hannah may come our way here in Naples,just wait and see.Good luck to all in Gustav`s path.Dave
Head South! Go to Key West kick back and relax.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #82
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
We sit and wait for the 48 hour forecast. If this does not change we may stay - BUT - any wiggle east and we are gone to the east. I-10 looks like a parking lot, I had a confrontation at a local gas station earlier this evening - people cannot handle the stress.

The F250 is at the ready, trailer is ready to go - in the morning I set up and hook up the CCD and move the Caravel out into the yard to get her off the slope of the yard where she sits. My 5kw generator is ready and has been run, fuel for days, Mr. Remington (12ga) in the truck, and the wife and I will be gone.......

What a mess, too many temporary structures around here.

Ya'll keep us in mind - all the prayers are welcome, it's not going to be good for alot of people.

Be safe, Mike
Definately keeping all of you in the path in mind. Be safe, get out early stay off the interstates. They will be parking lots. If any one needs a really safe place to go we had snow in western MT last night.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks to those who offered me safe Haven during evacuation.

I just finished washing the bugs off of my trailer and now have my internet access back.

I would like to thank the several members of the forum who offered me a safe haven for evacuation from Gustav. I received several messages offering refuge from the storm, not only from this forum but also from a Triumph site I frequent, it is wonderful to find such kindness from fellow Airstreamers and I hope I can return the favor if it is ever needed.

I ended up in,Tuscaloosa AL for a couple of nights. Came home to find some leaves in the pool, and my double 8 foot gates blown down, which always happens, no surprise there. Ran on generator for a couple of days and lived in the trailer. New Orleans is just about back to Normal which may not be such a good thing.

I am thinking of those who may be in the path of Ike, please be careful.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #84
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
I am thinking of those who may be in the path of Ike, please be careful.
It looks like that could be you again.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Ya want me to go WHERE?

With all of the folks gone north, it was really weird driving into New Orleans on the Monday that Gustav was ripping through. I was part of a Corps of Engineers team that deployed to be on-site for a quick response and survey any issues from the storm.

I-10 was completely empty and the whole city looked like a ghost town - except for Cooter Browns bar where they were having a party

We flew 20 hours of missions recording many of the flood control structures and guess what, somewhere on 'Mission 6' is a vintage 'stream that I caught on video.

https://teleengineering.usace.army.m...912/index.html

The rest of the movies are pretty cool, see if ya'll can find the barges and ship jammed under I-10 on Mission 1
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
With all of the folks gone north, it was really weird driving into New Orleans on the Monday that Gustav was ripping through. I was part of a Corps of Engineers team that deployed to be on-site for a quick response and survey any issues from the storm.

I-10 was completely empty and the whole city looked like a ghost town - except for Cooter Browns bar where they were having a party

We flew 20 hours of missions recording many of the flood control structures and guess what, somewhere on 'Mission 6' is a vintage 'stream that I caught on video.

https://teleengineering.usace.army.m...912/index.html

The rest of the movies are pretty cool, see if ya'll can find the barges and ship jammed under I-10 on Mission 1
Did they have the chicken drop going on at Cooter's? For your information the orginal Cotter Brown's blew up about 20 years ago. I hardly ever go to the new one.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
... the orginal Cotter Brown's blew up about 20 years ago. I hardly ever go to the new one...
That was the NEW one?

It looked like a good time was going on, the wind was howling and rain was either off or on full-blast and the crowd didn't seem to care.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
That was the NEW one?

It looked like a good time was going on, the wind was howling and rain was either off or on full-blast and the crowd didn't seem to care.
The old one was in a residential neighbor and had cactus painted on the walls. The hot water heater exploded and took it out. I would drink Foster,s Lager there. You know you are getting old when you think an establishment which is 20 years old is the new one.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost