Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
"Top Ten" things I like about my L-lounge (aka L-sofa):
10) more comfortable seating for more people (compared to the typical "sofa");
9) upholstered surface behind aft-facing seating serves as a built-in "sofa table";
8) gargantuan storage bin under that is easily accessed by a hinged lid;
7) huge armrest on curbside subtly accommodates small items (remote controls, etc.);
6) area beneath armrest (adjacent to entry door), easily stores 2 ZipDee chairs;
5) orientation of seating much more conducive to TV viewing than the "FB's";
4) cavernous storage (and I mean CAVERNOUS) beneath aft-facing seating area;
3) "bonus" storage (plus extra 10" length) in side-facing section of 30' models;
2) cushions easy to replace or recover when the time comes, and,
the #l thing I like about my L-lounge is:
rugged construction and a solid platform insure that it'll NEVER get as tortuous as Helen and Morty Seinfield's sleeper sofa at Del Boca Vista.
fmr.capt.evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #42
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Hi this is actually Amy. Your trailer is gorgeous. I cant wait to see it in person.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
When we visited ours on the production line, we were amazed at the friendliness of the guys and gals building it - they answered every question and pointed out some of the finer details to us. We hope you enjoy yours ad much as we do ours - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Hillsborough , New Jersey
propane tanks

I noticed that the tanks are white. Did they do away with the aluminum tanks? wolf146
wolf146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Wow, that is just so beautiful I gotta wear shades! Congrats on your new baby! Maybe we will see ya on the road?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Hatboro , Pennsylvania
Thats really cool , enjoy
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrcaptevil View Post
"Top Ten" things I like about my L-lounge (aka L-sofa):
10) more comfortable seating for more people (compared to the typical "sofa");
9) upholstered surface behind aft-facing seating serves as a built-in "sofa table";
8) gargantuan storage bin under that is easily accessed by a hinged lid;
7) huge armrest on curbside subtly accommodates small items (remote controls, etc.);
6) area beneath armrest (adjacent to entry door), easily stores 2 ZipDee chairs;
5) orientation of seating much more conducive to TV viewing than the "FB's";
4) cavernous storage (and I mean CAVERNOUS) beneath aft-facing seating area;
3) "bonus" storage (plus extra 10" length) in side-facing section of 30' models;
2) cushions easy to replace or recover when the time comes, and,
the #l thing I like about my L-lounge is:
rugged construction and a solid platform insure that it'll NEVER get as tortuous as Helen and Morty Seinfield's sleeper sofa at Del Boca Vista.
Well said. I didn't even think of that area behind the lounge as a sofa table, also good to know we can fit two zip dee chairs on the side. Hope they make them in that striped awning to match the international.
smhx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatMedic View Post
Hi this is actually Amy. Your trailer is gorgeous. I cant wait to see it in person.
Thanks Amy, we will see y'all soon.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Thanks everyone. Today we started packing getting ready for the movers. We have everything ready to go in the trailer. It's very exciting now that it's so close and starting to come together.

This AS will be broken in fast. We will be full timing until a base house is available, no clue how long that will take. So with two adults, actually make that 3 with DD being 18, DS almost 14, and 3 yorkies, yeah it's gonna be an adventure. DD may have a job lined up already and DS will start school but still, I'm sure no one will forget these days for a long time.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhx4 View Post
Hey Paula.

We still have two kids at home, even though the oldest won't camp much with us, we still need a bed for her. At the dealer 4 adults were sitting on the lounge and all had space between them. Both DH and I can lay down at the same time. It's pretty comfortable also.

We did walk in a flying cloud that had the recliners, it was over a year ago and I remember the chairs were very nice. The L lounge just fit our needs better.

Also when we were still in research phase we found a few 2010 30 flying coulds used but they had recliners. Our dealer also said it took them awhile to sell theirs. We tossed up the idea of getting a FC and adding a lounge later if we wanted but ultimately just ordered a serenity. We needed the 2nd A/C and didn't find anything used with 2 airs.

So if you want a FC with one air and 2 recliners you have a better chance of finding them used.

Ultimately I'm super happy with what we have. If I could walk into the dealer and get anything I wanted, this is what I would choose. This will feel like a mansion after living in our 25SS, and I really liked our other AS. This ones just a dream...

Sandra.
Thanks - you know the storage under the couch appeals to me... But a comfortable recliner is neat too. Perhaps I should get that model and put recliners in place of dinette benches! Best of both worlds.

Paula
Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Port Angeles , Washington
I looked at you pic's again today and I just have to say, "that is a very beautiful Airstream".

Cheers......
Gator113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf146 View Post
I noticed that the tanks are white. Did they do away with the aluminum tanks? wolf146
I believe the aluminum tanks are optional (at least, they were when ours was built in '95).

Quote:
At this picture, I'd be like, "Screw it! I'm going to pick it up now!"

Congratulations on your purchase...it looks like a beauty.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Hello All. Sorry for the late update but a lot has happened the past two weeks. We are on night 13 in our serenity. Delivery went well. This is our second AS so there wasn't much to learn. We spent a full day at the dealer then headed to the base famcamp. It was very exciting and the AS is everything we hoped it would be and more. It's amazing the difference between the two trailers. While we loved our first model this one just feels like home. It's very comfortable and the floor plan is just perfect.

Road trip to San Antonio went well. We had our own caravan with the truck, airstream and two toyotas. The KOA in Durant OK is NICE.

Just a few problems that we have worked through. Day 2 the AC went out completely. After reading all the AC threads I was half expecting this. It was humid outside and the 15k unit was dripping inside. It quickly made the CCC lose connection to both units. With the help of Steve our forum friend, they removed the cover, dried the connection, reset the unit and they worked again.

Since then we have had a few occasions of interior dripping, all while it was humid outside. But thankfully no lost connections.

Hey Airstream......FIX THIS!!

Weird that the 13.5 unit hasn't dripped at all. hope they get a fix for this in our warranty period.

The next biggie is the dinette. It was installed slightly crooked so the first night our DD fell to the floor twice. We went to Home Depot, bought a thin piece of strong wood long enough to stretch between the benches. Added some non slip drawer liner and it stays put.

Other than that we are loving this model.

Our tundra does well, averaged 11.2 mpg. The propride has improved the ride. Gets easier to hitch up every time. DH is content with our TT combo, which makes me happy, no new truck...thank you.

Now for the crazy part......We are officially full timers!! Years ahead of schedule and with too many kids and dogs...lol.

Base housing has nothing for us. Can't tell us anything either. I'll say they are the most poorly managed housing office I have seen in my 22 years as a military spouse. Sorry to say but very true.

The school on base is the best and we have to live on base for DS to go. We have a 6 month limit at this famcamp then we have to move. I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

420$ a month for full hookups, wifi, washer and dryers and cable. Can't beat the location. No commuting for anyone. It'll be a cheap place to live for sure. Going to take advantage and pay extra on the AS. Put down a huge chunk but still sharing that title with a bank, not a fan of that so paying extra til this puppy's all ours.

Anyway I'm rambling now but wanted to give an update. Since this is our home we won't be "camping" much for awhile. Hope to go to Weatherford next month and visit family but rally's will have to wait.

Thank God for the warmer climate of San Antonio or we couldn't do this. BTW couldnt be happier we have two ACs and deleted those skylights. We've hit over 100 here and we are cool in our trailer....YAY!

Happy camping.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:

Weird that the 13.5 unit hasn't dripped at all. hope they get a fix for this in our warranty period.
This is interesting. My 13.5 bedroom unit is the one giving me fits. I got the water drip at times too. Also, I noticed it does not put as much condensation on the ground outside (thru tube) as one would expect. A dramatic difference in the pool of water near the wheels when compared to the 15K. I realize it has been extremely hot and humid, but I am not pleased with the performance of the AC units. I have been running the bedroom 13.5 on high fan @ 60...still not that great.

-Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:

The next biggie is the dinette. It was installed slightly crooked so the first night our DD fell to the floor twice. We went to Home Depot, bought a thin piece of strong wood long enough to stretch between the benches. Added some non slip drawer liner and it stays put.
We have this problem with our 28' Serenity. It is, as you say, a bench alignment issue. There's not a lot of tolerance in it so even if the bench is only fractionally off then there's a problem. Rather than put this back to Airstream I think I'm going to make my own solution, one that will be neater and not involve moving benches! When I work out what my solution is, I'll let you know.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Three Weeks Late to the Party

Wow. I just found this thread so I'm about three weeks late to the party.

I had the honor of camping with SMHX4 over the first weekend and took some nice pictures.

I had the exact problem with the condensation coming off the a/c coils so fast that it overflowed the drip pan. It was probably the most humid weekend of the summer so far.

So on to the pictures. Here's Shannon's arrival with the Airstream.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Bedroom & Bathroom

Old 08-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Mmm. Dinner.

Can you believe they allowed us to eat such a messy food in the brand new trailer? That thing had to weigh 15 pounds.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Kitchen

Old 08-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Living & Dining