Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Forums Member Number

Hi all, For a while now I have considered this Forum to be, in some ways, similar to the WBCCI. I have met a lot of folks here near and far. I have made some good friends here too. We have some really great camp-outs, rallies, and get-togethers. We even manage to eek out a small caravan to a rally or from a rally to home on occasion. We have a great place to exchange ideas, ask questions and give opinions on any given subject. We have our rules but, they aren't too terribly strict.

Recently, on a rally the attendees were talking about the WB. I was listening in on the exchange of ideas and opinions.

I got to thinking. When we signed up here we all got a unique ID number issued to us by the program to tell us apart and identify us. I had to do some checking and indeed there is such a number, that never changes.

I wanted an alternative to the oval sticker. Something that tells other ASF members who I am when they see me camped or going down the road. I decided to put my ASF member number on my trailer.

I made these numbers smaller than the WB numbers and they are blue. Your ASF member number isn't readily available in your profile yet but, I believe it will be in the future. To find your number go to your user cp, click on "find all post started by you", at the end of the address in your address bar you will see your unique ID number. There may be an easier way to do this but I haven't found it yet.

When people ask me about my blue numbers I will tell them all about the ASF on the internet and what a great place it really is to discuss all things Airstream.
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Johnson
...I got to thinking. When we signed up here we all got a unique ID number issued to us by the program to tell us apart and identify us. I had to do some checking and indeed there is such a number, that never changes.

I wanted an alternative to the oval sticker. Something that tells other ASF members who I am when they see me camped or going down the road. I decided to put my ASF member number on my trailer.

I made these numbers smaller than the WB numbers and they are blue. Your ASF member number isn't readily available in your profile yet but, I believe it will be in the future. To find your number go to your user cp, click on "find all post started by you", at the end of the address in your address bar you will see your unique ID number. There may be an easier way to do this but I haven't found it yet.
Chris - that's great. 2air jokingly mentioned it somewhere (can't seem to find it now), and I jumped on the bandwagon in the MAL thread here. Believe it or not, I was just at Home Depot looking for some blue numbers yesterday to do the same thing. They didn't have anything though. Where did you get yours? I just polished and refinished my AS nameplates today and the blue numbers would look great above it I didn't realize it was that easy to find your number - I had Shari (insideout) look mine up for me.
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
To find your number go to your user cp, click on "find all post started by you", at the end of the address in your address bar you will see your unique ID number. There may be an easier way to do this but I haven't found it yet.
.................................................. .................................................

Hi all,
I've tried this method to try to find my forum ID number but have been unsuccessful.
I cannot find "find all posts started by you" in my user cp.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
I've tried this method to try to find my forum ID number but have been unsuccessful.
I cannot find "find all posts started by you" in my user cp.
Mike,
your Forums Member Number is 7916. Just scroll over you username in any Post you did, then a drop-down menu will open with "send email" "send PM" to member... and on point is "find more post by..." then you can see the full adress with your number in the adressbar on the left down side (in Firefox probably the same in IE) or click on that link and you can see the adress in the normal adress bar at the top of the page...

Hope it helps...

Greetings

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven“t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschoerrn
Mike,
your Forums Member Number is 7916. Just scroll over you username in any Post you did, then a drop-down menu will open with "send email" "send PM" to member... and on point is "find more post by..." then you can see the full adress with your number in the adressbar on the left down side (in Firefox probably the same in IE) or click on that link and you can see the adress in the normal adress bar at the top of the page...

Hope it helps...

Greetings

Bjoern

Thanks for your help Bjoern.Karma for you.Much appreciated

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I tried this and in my User CP I can't find the "find all" you talk about. I can go to my avatar and find that, but I see no number anywhere. HELP
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I tried this and in my User CP I can't find the "find all" you talk about. I can go to my avatar and find that, but I see no number anywhere. HELP

Hi juel,your forum member number ID is 6542.
Click on your username in your last post on this thread.A drop down list appears.Move your cursor over(do not click) 'find more posts by juel',look on your bottom toolbar and you will see your number at the end.

Hope that helps.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Found it. You are amazing. Thanks so much, now I won't have to think about this all day at work.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
That is wonderful. After much searching for a cyber challenged old guy I think I found my # 5121. Now I can replace my red #s when we stop paying the dues.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 AM   #10
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Wow great thread and nice blue numbers!

Quote:
Chris,
What a great thought! We have enjoyed the forum a lot, and attended two great forum rallies so far--both of which welcomed us as a family!
I can't get over how friendly and helpful all the people at the forum rallies were with ideas about Airstreams, or just having a good laugh by the campfire.
The numbers look great!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 AM   #11
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
BADGES? we don't need no stinkin badges................

Cool idea

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Name tags would be good for those of us who are memory challenged when it comes to names.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #13
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
This is a GREAT idea. Now we'll need a Forums Directory to look everybody up unless there's a way to look up a member by their number.

Way to go Chris from one of the early ones.

Brad
FF
"10"

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #14
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Chris - the numbers look great! I messaged Andy R about including the user ID number in the membership sort info.

I love how the blue matches the airstream logo! Much nicer than red. Can I put orange on our Argosy?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Click on your username in your last post on this thread.A drop down list appears.Move your cursor over(do not click) 'find more posts by juel',look on your bottom toolbar and you will see your number at the end.

Hope that helps.

Still can't find my number? Not sure what I am doing, but I don't seem to have that number at the bottom of my toolbar?
Abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #16
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
your number is 2798. It appears in the address bar at the bottom of your screen when you follow those instuction

AirForums Custom Search
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #17
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
This is a GREAT idea. Now we'll need a Forums Directory to look everybody up unless there's a way to look up a member by their number.

Way to go Chris from one of the early ones.

Brad
FF
"10"

Interesting ideas being kicked around here.How about this scenario;

Yea,I'll put the forums directory with my WBCCI directory.I'll take my smaller blue forums numbers and put them under my big red numbers;no above my big red numbers;no maybe beside them with a hyphan in between or how about half way down the trailer like the now non-existant Avion club used to. hmmm.
As the forums continue to evolve,whats being discussed here is sounding more and more similar to the way WBCCI STARTED,before all the regimentation.
As and if things continue to grow,as was the case with WBCCI,there may be the same growing pains as experienced before which may require more and more volunteers and 'rules' and maybe even...gasp...dues.It won't just be 10,20 or 50 forum members meeting around a campfire but groups of hundreds or thousands in the same place.It will have to be organized and planned by someone.Will we learn from past experience?

We now return you to your regular forum programming

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
your number is 2798. It appears in the address bar at the bottom of your screen when you follow those instuction
Thank you Janet!!
The adress bar at the bottom of my screen is still a mystery...

Abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #19
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
maybe this will help.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vajeep.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24856  

AirForums Custom Search
Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #20
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
huh?

Does that make me #436069 that would mean we have something like half a million members..

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote