Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
First Week

Howdy All Y'all

I have had my Argosy for over a year now, but put it on hold while I finished my Masters. Got it done, magna cum laude (I think), got a wonderful man in my life and my kids all moved back home. Boomerang parent, keep throwing them and they keep coming back. Anyway, week 1, we started.

What the hell was I thinking???? We took all the inside (inside the walls) stuff out, and the garbage man refused to take the toilet, so it now sits in my back yard with rosemary and basil on the upper deck, and oregano and thyme on the lower deck. What we did notice was whomever owned this Argosy had a fire in it, patched it so many times its unbelievable it didn't leak, was a really shitty driver (almost all panels have some form of dent), they also did not have a black tank and that was not a composting toilet, don't even want to imagine where those pipes went. There was roach and rat junk galore, you could tell rats were nesting in the wall cavities. It has been incredibly gross, and exciting, disappointing and did I mention, can see myself driving this beast around which keeps me happy. Today we are finally down to stripping the floors out, which we thought would be easy because it was sub flooring. You can tell we are eager novices and so bloody green, we had to go buy some cutting tool to cut the extra rusty bolts. We can see that now only do we need to redo the whole under pan, but the whole trailer part too. So excited, going to buy some welding equipment, and big pieces of metal stuff, then make then just join together (yes, novice and green). My nights are now filled with research, luckily big into research, it keeps my mind off how much needs to be done and now an expert in separating the body of the beast from the base so we can work on both parts.

Putting a photo of our "work suits", we tried to find car shop overalls, no luck, so we found these instead

Will keep posting, this should be an interesting journey, it always is, when an Aussie chick and a French man decide to renovate an Argosy that is way beyond help. Cussing in French is hilarious, if the Argosy was named Maxine, it would be called Puta

Hope y'all have a wonderful week
joie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
hartselle , Alabama
Have fun with her! We've had ours going on 18 years now. Over the years we've repaired or replaced every system on board, some more than once now. We were complete newbies when it came to repairing trailers but our old girl has taught us well. We just finished our third paint job, but what I call our first real repaint. We went all the way to aluminum this time and didn't break out the first paint roller or brush! Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_114408.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	299960
1973Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote