Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2002, 04:55 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Catch of the DAY

Cat,
Nooo, it didn't mean that at all..lol, my old motor is still intact and, it's gonna stay there. If, perchance, your old motor has completely died and, you wanted to try to replace it. I do have this new motor with the fan blade assy.

Quote:
"What did I catch?"
That, I would hope would be a "friend"...
After all, we all share that one common thread. The love of our Airstream~!~
lov to hear more about how your project is going.
Is it possible to share before and after pictures?
ciao
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:09 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Moniker

Cat...^&^
Quote:
your "Moniker" what is a PERLCOMMAND?
Example:
Quote:
Moniker is a simple command-line Perl script that was born at motherofperl.com. It's being actively developed there by me, Jonathan Eisenzopf . It is intended to be simple to install and use, but is not intended to be a full-featured replacement for more advanced monitoring tools.
futhermore...
moniker -h host -s service [-e email]
moniker -f Moniker is executed from the command-line with the following required options:

-h hostname you want to monitor
-s name of the service which can include: ftp,
ssh, telnet, domain, www, pop, nntp, imap,
irc, smtp
-e email address to send error notification to
-f filename of a csv file containing a list of
hosts to monitor. The csv file should contain
3 columns containing: hostname, service, email

lastly:
Perl
This complete guide to Perl includes the basics of the programming language itself, plus CGI programming, XML processing, network programming, database interaction, and graphical user interfaces. The expanded second edition features the latest version of Perl, and covers modules for recent technologies such as XML and SOAP. This book is for experienced and beginning programmers alike who want a single reference for all their needs.
This can be found here.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlnut2/

ciao
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

New Fan

If one were to buy a new fantastic fan, where would you install it? In the bath (I have a rear bath) or in the living area? Thanks for the opinions. I can see advantages to both, of course I would like to put them in both locations.
Which model is the best bet? The one with all of the bells and whistles?
Which rallies do they install them at?

Thanks again.
Dave-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 08:11 AM   #24

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Re: New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave-O
If one were to buy a new fantastic fan, where would you install it? Which model is the best bet? The one with all of the bells and whistles?
The fans are nice. I had two installed. One on the front hatch and one in the rear in the bedroom area. Two fans running together provide much more air and it allows you to vary which one runs. Much more flexability that way.

I have the three speed model, no rain sensor or reverse mode. It does have the thermostat which shuts off the fan and closes the hatch on air temperature. I'm fairly happy with my decision at this point although we did have to make one mad dash back to the trailer when an unexpected shower came up and we had one fan on. So hindsite being 20/20 maybe we should have gone with the rain sensor unit.

Personally I'm curious as to whether they make lower end unit that would replace the bathroom fan. I didn't check this out when I ordered my trailer but I was hoping that A/S would supply better fans on the bath and stove hood than what is found on most SOB trailers. Major disappointment in these two areas.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:35 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Question Fantastic vs. TurboMaxx

Has anyone else out there had experience with both the Fantastic and TurboMaxx fans?

We had a reversible, thermostatically controlled TurboMaxx over the bed in our last AS. We left it on all summer to keep the trailer aired out; it was set to the warmest setting.

I loved that it could be used in the rain, whether we were in the coach or not. We never had any rain get inside while the fan was running. I hate to give up the use of the fan while it's raining, and we get lots of rain here in FL.

I know many people swear by their Fantastic Fans. How could I use my FF in the rain? Is my only option to add a MaxxAir vent cover?

We are getting close to putting new fans on our MH, and I would appreciate any advice that will help us decide between the two fans.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:36 PM   #26
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Fans

jcanavera

I was pretty disappointed by the fact that both the stove vent fan and the bathroom ventilator fan sounded like Boeing 757s taking off. I solved this by splicing series resistors into the fan leads.

I found that a 10 ohm power resistor is just about right. They sell them at Radio Shack, two to a package, for about $2.00 a package. I used one in the stove fan and one in the bathroom vent fan.

I went a step further with the stove vent fan. I wired the light to the adjacent under-cabinet light so that they come on together, thus freeing up the light swich on the vent. I then used the light switch on the vent to short out the 10-ohm resistor. I now have a 2-speed fan; full speed and half speed. I find that half-speed works 95% of the time. I did use full speed one day when the wind was blowing against the trailer quite hard.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 02:17 PM   #27

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
John,
I saw your other threads on this and may try to do something about this in the future. Thanks for posting the info.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote