Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Factory training for owners

Why is that an owner of an AS cannot find a factory training class that he/she could go to better understand and maintain their AS??? Right now we have to go to back ally’s and I think it’s done this way.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Airstream dealers and Airstream's service facility make money by doing maintenance and repairs for their customer. They are in business to make money.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
Littlestown , Pennsylvania
Go to Alumaploosa, the week after Memorial Weekend, at Jackson Center. It's sponsored by a "For Profit Entity" but the Factory Service Center hosts maintenance workshops.
glcmranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
There is, after all is said and done, a very extensive owner training online database that contains darn near anything you need to know about Airstream care and feeding:

http://www.airforums.com/

And no, I'm not being silly. That URL and the new search function is priceless for finding out whatever you need to know. The assembled multitude of members seems to be able to respond rapidly to new owner challenges as well, in darn-near real time.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-Bob View Post
Why is that an owner of an AS cannot find a factory training class that he/she could go to better understand and maintain their AS??? Right now we have to go to back ally’s and I think it’s done this way.
I noticed that your signature says you belong to the WBCII. Do you mean WBCCI? Rallies and rendezvous will bring you into personal contact with other Airstream owners who will be able to help you with anything you need.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-Bob View Post
It would more appropriate they start a class for the employees, the owners have the forums. 😂👍

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
It would more appropriate they start a class for the employees, the owners have the forums. ����

Bob
����

And ditto to Rich's comment about the new search function here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
. . .
. . . the new search function is priceless for finding out whatever you need to know.
. . .