Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
Norby, have you taken your meds today?

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:10 AM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignrwe
Man, I should get my facts straight before I end up starting rumors. Steve and Jim were actually brother's rather than renamed. Jim was older and Steve came just a short time later. Right around 12 months after Jim, I believe I remember Molly saying.
I always thought Jim and Stever were twins...not identical, but fraternal. You know Jim (Senior) was pretty potent in his younger days.

It was definitely the tent where they were conceived. Molly confessed that the other members of the camera crew thought there was a wild boar in the bushes behind the tent that evening but it was just her at the moment of conception.

The Airstream became their "Love Nest" for future more private rondez vous. Molly said she insisted on more privacy so she could really be uninhibited without fear of the camera crew snickering at breakfast each morning as she waddled bow-legged to the communal table.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dhe9
rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman
Its a caribou, which in some parts of the world is domesticated and also called a Raindeer. Sorry not a moose or elk.....
looks like a cow to me but what do i know? i live in san diego.

davic
out of socal
RETIRED USMC
dhe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #44
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhe9
looks like a cow to me but what do i know? i live in san diego.

davic
out of socal
Knowing Southern California's penchant for health and fitness, are you referring to Molly or the moose?
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Thank you. My wife will verify that I know absolutely nothing about music. I can't even get the hum right.
I could swear it's STILL missing three "da's" at the end ...
Old 12-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Originally Posted by Tikiman
Its a caribou, which in some parts of the world is domesticated and also called a Raindeer. Sorry not a moose or elk.....

In other parts of the world it is called a Reindeer. And in others it is called
Arthur.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Boy, stop me in my tracks. The Enquirer and the Star are the epitome of all that is good and true. I get both in the hardbound edition’s every month. I am soooo glad that they left the love child to our imagination. They at least have the decency to never demean Marlon, Jim or Molly (Bless her soul). Anyway one night great grandma made a stew from a recipe that she got from a book she sent away for called the “Wild Kingdom’s Eat on the run” series. I remember great grandfather had a dickens of a time coming up with the makin’s called for in the book. I think some substations were made. But whatever, even thought it had a peculiar flavor everyone ate up and mentioned nothing about it. Sometime afterward, I could see great grandpas twinkle in his eye (it could have been a tear leaking from his eye caused by the stew) a sure sign a bedtime story was about to be told. Great grandpa reached down from his easy chair and lifted me up on his knee, the effort causing him to let go, ‘a big one’ sounded like ‘putttweeeeeepoof’. Tonight I am going to tell you a story about am episode of “Wild Kingdom” where Marlon and Jim where on the plains of the Serengeti surrounded by all the wild animals. My eyes became as large as silver dollars either because I was about to hear another exciting story or that a wild animal odor filled the air setting the stage for another adventure. Anyway Marlon and Jim were stalking a herd of rhinoceros nearby which were kicking themselves up a dust bath, (something Marlon could have used) he always claimed the gray tank in the Overlander was always full. It seemed Lowell (remember Lowell) lost all interest in the Overlander after sleeping in the tent the night the Airstream was in use. Lowell couldn’t remember he ever owned an Airstream after seeing Molly holding her rack after the effects of the tranquilizer wore off. (Refer to photo # 1 in this thread). Great grandfather said it was just Serengeti fever, which is quite common when you’re deep in the bush, because he had it once with my great grandma, coincidentally while they were in Africa too. As Marlon ordered Jim to load his rifle with the dart the rhinos got whiff of Marlon. Even thought rhinos have poor eyesight one of them zeroed in on Marlon’s scent and begin charging. Marlon was cool as a cucumber because he was confidant that Jim would bolt out across the grassland carrying Marlon’s scent. (The same vacuum principal your Airstream has when in tow). Luckily for Jim, he scurried up the only boabab tree around for miles. That’s when he met the very young Roy, of today’s, Siegfried and Roy fame, who was just there by chance in the same tree. He was in a small blind, painted passionate pink with the words “Hello Kitty” painted on the outside. Roy was looking through the laced curtains of the blind looking for the prefect tiger to bag live, and train to fulfill a dream for a future show in Vegas. Jim couldn’t believe that Roy smeared cat food over his body to attract the kitties. Meanwhile Marlon had made his way back to the Overlander where he took a nap. Molly was no where to be seen but most likely went into town to pickup supplies. Back at the tree Jim could see that the rhino left because a big cat was approaching the boabab tree quickly. Jim leaped from the tree as the cat sprang up into the tree. As Jim made his way back to camp he could hear Roy was giggling to high heavens because he was taking a pretty good licking from the cat. Meanwhile at camp, Lowell had set up his video gear and put it on auto run to capture a local savage giving him a lesson on the use of a blowgun while standing in front of the tent. As the savage ‘blow gun expert’ was placing a tranquilizer dart in the blow end, Lowell was examining the exit end of the blowgun. For some reason, no one can explain Lowell rapped his lips on the exit end of the blowgun and inhaled causing the dart to sail down the tube and stuck Lowell firmly in the tong. Lowell immediately fell backwards in the tent for another long and un-necessary sleep. The savage took Lowell’s sunglasses his blowgun and ran back into the bush. Remember all this was caught on film. Jim arrived moments later only to find Marlon asleep in the Overlander and Lowell snoring in the tent. He looked around for Molly but to no avail. Finding the land rover missing he assumed Molly went to town for supplies. Well, it seems that Molly had way too much of the guys, and while in town bought a one way ticket and boarded a tramp steamer bound for the good old U.S. Several weeks later Molly relocated and got the job she still has today at the truck stop on I-94. Meanwhile back on the Serengeti Roy with kitty, Jim, Marlon and Lowell wound up in the Overlander and found Wally Bryam’s Airstream caravan and joined it. Eventually they ended their Wild Adventure in the States. You all know the rest of the story. We all should rally at the truck stop some day and give Molly the joy she really longs to see. That picture, and that Airstream Overlander, just one more time.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
Please post belated birthday wishes to Mutual of Omaha's - Wild Kingdom workhorse - Jim Fowler. On April 9, 2006 Jim turned 76 years old.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
All I can say: good grief! Where does all this come from??????????????/
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #50
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
P.S. Is that what they mean by " Nice rack "?

No. A nice rack is something you can't look at when the wife is around.
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #51
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignrwe
Please post belated birthday wishes to Mutual of Omaha's - Wild Kingdom workhorse - Jim Fowler. On April 9, 2006 Jim turned 76 years old.
Or, about the age Marlin Perkins was when he started hosting Wild Kingdom...