Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2003, 06:36 PM   #1

Question Denton, TX RV Parks

My daughter goes to school at the University of North Texas in Denton. Does anyone have any suggestions of parks in the area? Tired of staying in motels when we go to visit and would like to pull "Ol Betsy" up to a nice park.

Dave
Swabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:36 PM   #2
Texas Cajun :-)

1962 19' Globetrotter
Austin , TEXAS YEHAWWWW
Hi...it's been a while since I was in Denton. Went to school at UNT myself. Try this place right next to campus:
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...=&ycat=8014776

This campground is about 25 miles from Denton:http://www.thousandtrails.com/

Ask these folks if they know of other places too. I don't know about the first place/link I sent. Don't remember seeing it. Also check with the Chamber of Commerce: http://www.denton-chamber.org/

Hope this helps!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Richardson , Texas
Cool

There is a Camping World just north of Denton and there is a new campground just north ot them and on the same side of the highway. Sorry I don't remember the name of it. I bet a call to Camping World would help. After thinking about it, the one I am thinking about may be at Sanger, Tx. which is just north of Denton about 20 miles. See, I really am confused!!!
'01 Yamaha Raptor ATV
'07 Yamaha Rhino ATV
2 burgler alarms: Rotweiller and Shepherd
"If you step down to get in, you have to step up to get out"
Raptorrider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:15 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Swabbie, if you go thru Georgetown, be sure and let me know, I'd love to see Ole Betsy, and show you my 61 Overlander.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Raptorrider2001

You are correct about there being a RV park just behind Camping World just north of US380 on the west side of I35. You have to be on the west side service road to get to Camping World, but the RV park can be reached from US380l (just a bit to the west of the US380/I35 interchange). We travel from the N Dallas area to Lubbock periodically and usually find an excuse to stop at Camping World, but have never checked into the RV Park.
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:51 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via AIM to JeffandSuzanne
. . .AND, THERE'S AN AIRSTREAM DEALER, RV RANCH, NEAR SANGER (I THINK NORTH OF, BUT NOT SURE).
Old 06-20-2003, 11:13 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

We stopped over last September at the Destiny RV Resort, just on the south side of Denton on I-35E. We were returning to Huntsville from Colorado and spent only one night, but found Destiny to be a top notch RV park. It also has RV wash facilities, and our Airstream really needed a bath from the long trip.

Destiny has all the bells and whistles you might want. In fact, we might stop there again on a trip we are planning to Red River, NM in less than 2 weeks.

Bob Marks
Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Airstream Dealer in Sanger

I would advise some caution in regards to the Airstream Dealer in Sanger (RV Ranch @ Newman's Bend). They have NO Airstream trained or certified techs and a number of us that bought new A/S at that dealer have similar war stories (A/S tells me that they offer training and certification at no charge and have even offered to help defray the travel expenses for RV Ranch, but the dealer has not availed themselves to the offer, even after 3 years as a dealer. They mainly sell SOBs and have A/S as a side.

If you need service I recommend that you come on down I35 to North Dallas RV. They were the A/S dealer for years, but due to loosing a huge amount of their lot to I35 expansion, they resorted to service ONLY. Not the fanciest place, but Pat (owner) and Randy (Manager) are TOP notch people and really know A/Ss inside and out. Their lot is always brim packed with A/Ss of all ages and size awaiting service. I love the answer I got from Randy when I ask if he thought he could find and fix the skin leak in our new Bambi..sir, I will treat your A/S like I treat all the others...just like it was my own!. BTW, they did find the leak (angled rivit on roadside lower endcap section where it joins the side panel). I won't even go into the war story with RV Ranch on this and several other issues) .
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote