Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Delivery Timing

Hi, everyone -

Husband and I ordered a new Airstream that’s supposed to be delivered in late September. We are in no rush to take delivery - if it comes then, great, and if not, we’re ok with that, too. Our sales person encouraged us to keep our September delivery date against the possibility of delays, but it would actually be better for us if the Airstream arrived early spring of 2022. We are curious how often delays arise. If you have ordered a new Airstream in the last year or two, would you share:

1. Date ordered
2. Number of delays
3. Actual delivery date
4. Anything else you’d like to share!

Thanks,
Margaret
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air0801 View Post
Hi, everyone -

Hey Margaret

1. Date ordered-------1-23-21 or close
2. Number of delays-------One, for 10 days
3. Actual delivery date-------5-19-2021
4. Anything else you’d like to share!-----Congrats

Thanks,
Margaret
Hey
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzo View Post
Hey
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Would love to see pics when you pick it up in two days!!!!!
__________________
Empty nester to be...looking forward to RV life!
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 17,019
You may have already seen the many threads/posts about delivery days in the last year, but here are some search results that lead to quite a bit of recent info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=deli...=airforums.com

Good luck.

FYI
FWIW
__________________
***** Life is short *****
Let the music lift you up! . . .

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
Moderator
 
jcanavera's Avatar

 
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,894
Images: 143
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Be happy if you can get it by fall. You don't want your trailer being towed from Jackson Center on winter treated roads. When mine was ordered it was due for delivery in January. As it ended up I walked into my dealership the week before Thanksgiving and found a freshly delivered Classic Slide-Out that was the mirror image of what I had ordered. The only difference was the leather sofa. I called my wife and said would you have a problem getting a leather sofa?...of course not she said. At that point I walked into the office of the dealership's owner and said if I pony up the difference on the sofa, would you let me take the new one in your lot in exchange for the one I ordered for January. He said sure (I figured he would because at that time of year he's not selling much, and taking the one off the lot saves him interest on his floorplan loan).

I really agonized about that January delivery. So happy I decided to take that ride that pre Thanksgiving day.

Jack
__________________
Jack Canavera
STL Mo.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:18 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
You may have already seen the many threads/posts about delivery days in the last year, but here are some search results that lead to quite a bit of recent info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=deli...=airforums.com

Good luck.

FYI
FWIW
Thank you! I was hoping to gather concise information in one place about general Airstream production and delivery experience. It seems like delays are more likely to get a posting than a “everything went fine (mostly) and we’re super happy!” post, although those pop up, too.
__________________
Empty nester to be...looking forward to RV life!
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
Be happy if you can get it by fall. You don't want your trailer being towed from Jackson Center on winter treated roads. When mine was ordered it was due for delivery in January. As it ended up I walked into my dealership the week before Thanksgiving and found a freshly delivered Classic Slide-Out that was the mirror image of what I had ordered. The only difference was the leather sofa. I called my wife and said would you have a problem getting a leather sofa?...of course not she said. At that point I walked into the office of the dealership's owner and said if I pony up the difference on the sofa, would you let me take the new one in your lot in exchange for the one I ordered for January. He said sure (I figured he would because at that time of year he's not selling much, and taking the one off the lot saves him interest on his floorplan loan).

I really agonized about that January delivery. So happy I decided to take that ride that pre Thanksgiving day.

Jack
Excellent point. Thanks for sharing your experience!
__________________
Empty nester to be...looking forward to RV life!
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:48 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 17,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air0801 View Post
Thank you! I was hoping to gather concise information in one place about general Airstream production and delivery experience.
. . .
At the risk of raining on your parade, "corralling the stampeding herd" seldom works as planned here . . . . . . despite the best intentions . . . which is why "data mining" from all those linked sources may be more productive, in my personal opinion.

Inefficient? Yes. Heard that one. [intended]

Good luck,

Peter
__________________
***** Life is short *****
Let the music lift you up! . . .

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:08 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
At the risk of raining on your parade, "corralling the stampeding herd" seldom works as planned here . . . . . . despite the best intentions . . . which is why "data mining" from all those linked sources may be more productive, in my personal opinion.

Inefficient? Yes. Heard that one. [intended]

Good luck,

Peter
Thanks for your help! No corralling intended, simply a request for information that included not just delivery delays. I’d rather ask and get crickets than assume no one will answer and miss out on something I didn’t know or think of, like the response from @jaycanavera.
__________________
Empty nester to be...looking forward to RV life!
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:16 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 17,019
Thumbs up

Happy Trails . . .

__________________
***** Life is short *****
Let the music lift you up! . . .

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member
 
2020 16' Caravel
PERRY , UT
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 32
1. Date ordered - Late February 2021, delivery promised in May 2021
2. Number of delays - None yet
3. Actual delivery date - Not yet, but I am told it is on the road now
4. Anything else you’d like to share! - Hope you enjoy!

Not quite what you asked, but close. Hope it helps
alligatorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatorob View Post
1. Date ordered - Late February 2021, delivery promised in May 2021
2. Number of delays - None yet
3. Actual delivery date - Not yet, but I am told it is on the road now
4. Anything else you’d like to share! - Hope you enjoy!

Not quite what you asked, but close. Hope it helps
Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for. I’m so glad your ordering process went smoothly. Just in time for the summer season! Happy camping to you!
__________________
Empty nester to be...looking forward to RV life!
Air0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 30RB Classic
MV , Maryland
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 28
I’m curious what models are being delivered? We ordered a Classic 30 RBQ.


1. Date ordered: 10/2020
2. Number of delays: Not as of yet
3. Actual delivery date: Expected June ‘21
4. Anything else you’d like to share: We were told to expect it Aug ‘21
jan55255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delivery Day, Overnight & Payment Timing dog_and_cat Dollars & Cents 5 02-23-2021 04:54 AM
Full timing or 3/4 timing? Coalman Full-Timing 12 12-06-2017 09:57 AM
Full Timing & Timing, Sergei's Selling his ARGOSY Foiled Again General Interior Topics 8 05-18-2014 11:48 AM
Delivery companies...any you can recommend virginiak Our Community 3 06-22-2002 09:47 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.