Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2024 19' Caravel
Washougal , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvsterling View Post
What a string of bad luck! Wish her forward progress with her recovery!!!

Regarding entry, this may be a ramp-alternative. Bruno Valet and Braun Turny are similar products

https://youtu.be/LhqN51qo3RE
Thank you.

And... Wow, that is a slick idea. Something to consider for 'the next truck'. Wonder how much they are...?

She has pretty good mobility once she's on a floor or level. Our house has two steps down to the living room and she can get down just fine. But for her, getting up is the trouble. I looked into a couple different 'stair chairs' to help her get up safely, but we both had to stop and take a breath at the cost - in excess of $5000. For two steps? For two steps.
Click here to go to my blog: I try to add wisdom, not noise.
Steamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
one might try using the walker in "reverse" in the bathroom instead of grab bars. This would be like using a rolling walker with brakes and a seat, only it would be a standard walker. See Walgreen's ad for medical eqpt and possibly use pediatric version.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1984 27' Airstream 270
West Chester , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamguy View Post
Thank you.

And... Wow, that is a slick idea. Something to consider for 'the next truck'. Wonder how much they are...?

She has pretty good mobility once she's on a floor or level. Our house has two steps down to the living room and she can get down just fine. But for her, getting up is the trouble. I looked into a couple different 'stair chairs' to help her get up safely, but we both had to stop and take a breath at the cost - in excess of $5000. For two steps? For two steps.

These lifts for the car are expensive new! However I found a few used on eBay $500-$1000. I was actually wondering if the base articulates forward enough, could it extend forward over steps and then turn and telescope down entry steps of airstream? I played with one at a medical equipment expo years ago, really cool solution!

Regarding the toilet; a toilet safety frame is cheap and works great, $25-30
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	353601  
Kvsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
True about the toilet safety frame, but you most likely would have the walker with you.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote