Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2003, 09:13 PM   #21
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Angry Lost my rivet

Thanks for your hard work!!

I just started using the site after May 20th. So it appears I have lost my single rivet!

I was so proud

Guess I'll have to work hard to get it again!
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Tim,

I hear ya. Lots of great posts got eaten by the big bad black hole!

I'm sure you'll see your first rivet appear and have the same feeling as it does!

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #23
Texas Cajun :-)

1962 19' Globetrotter
Austin , TEXAS YEHAWWWW
Can help out if you like...

Hey Andy...man THANKS for all the hard work you are putting into this forum and saving the data. Hubby and I just moved from DFW in Oct. 2000 up to Cary, NC. We now live in Apex just down the road. We know about those Texas storms that pop up out of no where.

If you would like some help with maintenance and so forth of this site please email me: ezor7@yahoo.com. My husband and I are both "geeks" although I must say he is a 'high end geek'. I tell him "Honey I didn't marry you for love...I married you for 'in house tech support' ....ha, ha, ha!!!" That always gets a laugh. Anywhoooo...we'll be glad to pitch in and help any way we can. You are doing an awesome job but it is a lot for one person to do. Share the responsibilities and make it easier on yourself. Hope you had a GREAT day at the park Have you been to "Eatzi's" downtown? GOTTA try that place. That and "La Madeline's" were my fav places to 'chill out' after a stressful week. Take it easy and keep us posted.

Hey Tim in Raleigh...Lost my rivet too! Guess we both joined about the same time huh? Talk soon!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:15 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to jim8860
I feel the pain as well. I been there with some hard drive failers they are never good. All I can say I think my rivet's look brighter
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 07:08 AM   #25
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Welcome in board again

Hi Andy;

Thank you for your work;
welcome in board again in the Airstreamforums.com,

without that forum, I was like an orphan, completly disconnected with my A/S community...

Thank you one more time.

Bruno From FRANCE.
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:49 AM   #26
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Andy.

This website/forum is probably one of the main reasons I would dare think about becoming an owner of either a new or used AS, maybe even a computer! There is information from all sorts of great people on this planet with advice and guidance that an owners manual simply comes up short. Experience is the key word here.

It was a rough week for my wife, because she had to listen to me mope and kvetch about not being able to check in with the forums a hundred times a day. How the hell did I get bitten by the AS bug so bad?

Anyway, as one who has launched my own more simple web site, I can truely relate to the mountains of work that you must have gone through for the great fix, not just with this site, but your paying customers as well.

You are a dedicated man, and for that, I say thanks very much and keep up the good work!!!

Love and kisses.

Jonathan
crazylev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

I'm not saying that this Forum is addictive, but last week I learned that my wife had a baby..... In March!

Thank you, Andy, for all your hard work!
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #28
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 63flyingcloud
I'm not saying that this Forum is addictive, but last week I learned that my wife had a baby..... In March!

Thank you, Andy, for all your hard work!
That is hilarious!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

I'd like to thank you as well. I love this site.

Speaking of freecell. I play that way too much. My highest streak is about 35 games. The hard part is to pay attention and not play sloppy. About 90 win % is about the highest I can maintain on a long term basis.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Ditto on everything said above. They've already said it all.

Thanks a bunch.
sjptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 05:15 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

Bigfork , Montana
Many thanks for you unselfish giving, Andy
Rickk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Port Hueneme , SOCAL
Cool RE: Aluminated

Andy,

Hail, hail the bringer of the cyber alumination source.

Aluminati salute - infinite rivets!

dbyar
dbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 10:50 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

Andy,
Thanks You.

After our maiden voyage in our 1978 28' Ambassador last week I so anxiosly clicked on the Forums to share a story, look for a part, learn more about the hot water heater we didn't use, etc.

So nice to have the community "back"...

If you're ever in Santa Cruz the coffee's on me! (My day job!) http://www.coffeetopia.com
KingPing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:42 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
What I did, 6/9 thru 6/15!

Thanx Organic Andy,

It was frustrating the first few days, Monday morning being the worst as it is the best time for me to goof off on the pc here at work, my excuse being weekly reports on Excel due and all that. Got better gradually and actually thought I had broken the addiction by Friday, stopped checking it every hour to see if it was up and was able to finish compounding my Overlander after work and over the weekend. Looks like I am hooked again though!

BTW, she is lookin' sharp but has a lot of swirls, cyclo is next but seems to be much easier and faster than compounding, thank goodness, compounding was getting old!!

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:42 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
By a strange coincidence, I suffered hard drive corruption (not failure) caused by my attempt to wash the SOB I'm renting while my Airstream is being restored (water leakage tripped the GFI while my computer was booting). I feel your pain, Andy.

If you ever need to start charging a nominal subscription fee to keep this forum running, count me in. The info I found here saved me at least $1,000 on my restoration. I'll gladly donate $25 per year to participate here.
Photobitstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:54 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Photobitstream
...If you ever need to start charging a nominal subscription fee to keep this forum running, count me in. The info I found here saved me at least $1,000 on my restoration. I'll gladly donate $25 per year to participate here.
Only slightly off-topic: How about a Paypal donation link? It's a great no-pressure way for those members who want to to contribute something back. (grammer?!?)

I realize $$$ has not been cited as an issue, but we all know there are hardware, software and TIME demands which this community places on you, Andy.

Just my $.02!
KingPing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:52 AM   #37
Texas Cajun :-)

1962 19' Globetrotter
Austin , TEXAS YEHAWWWW
Goooooo Kingpin!

Hey Andy...I'm all for Kingpin's idea. PLUS my hubby and I ran across and AWESOME hosting service that does there own backups and have a huge facility. Check it out to see if there is a package that may work for Airstreamforums.com. It would take the load off you for the techo end of things but you could still administer it all.

The link is: "http://icdsoft.com/hosting.php" Hubby and I are using them to host Fat Cat Media. The interface is super easy to use. We paid for one full year up front that INCLUDED our domain registration for $65 (total for the whole year!) Then next years' rate will be only $60 since they charged a "whopping" $5 to register the name. No more $35 a year Internic fees. Our former hosting service ran $40 a month! Let me know if we can help in any way. Be soooooo glad to. This site is totally worth it! Have a great week.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Kirkwood , Missouri
Thumbs up

Andy thank you very much for the time and effort you put into running this site. Many of us enjoy the knowledge and information that is provided. I just wish we could preserve some of the free time you have lost in your efforts, but your efforts are greatly appriecated, by me and many others.
airstreamer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #39
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Lightbulb

ANDY:
I THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE YOURSELF A WHOLE CASE OF RIVITS AND HIT THE ROAD FOR THE WEEKEND IN THE BAMBI!
THANKS A BUNCH MAN!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

I was brand new to the site at the time it went down so I was beginning to take the "you do not have permission" message to heart. I was so relieved that it wasn't just me. I thought it was my addiction to the site that made me an undesirable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curbside.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2182  
Rubyacht is offline   Reply With Quote