Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Oops!

I'll fix both.

It is a link to the Community Rules.

Maggie
Old 07-17-2016, 06:04 AM   #42
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Keep looking, check once or twice a day. We happened across our 08 30' Classic in Springfield, MO at Reliable RV, shortly after they became an Airstream dealer, and, the prior owner had just traded in the rig for a non Airstream Class A motorhome. It was Labor Day weekend, on Saturday afternoon, when the online ad appeared. We called, they were open on Monday, we drove there, looked, sat, opened every cabinet, and said to ourselves, This is it! We bought then and there, as there were other folks tramping through our trailer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Tom
TVKetchum
2008 Classic 30'
2019 F250 4x4
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #43
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I just posted this on another thread but when deperate, people will post wanted ads.

To all:

Please be careful posting or advertising that you "need" something as there are scammers out there that google "wanted". They will respond with everything you want to know about the item you're looking for and with a fantastic price. They will suck you into sending cash fast to secure the item as they have a lot of interest from other people. You send the cash..........they are gone.

If you think it can't happen to you as you know better, think again; a friend of mine got taken for under a thousand to get an impossible part for a fantastic price. He thought he had done his due diligence by having multiple conversations with the seller and asking very technical questions, to which he got the right replies; he even googled street viewed the address. It all looked legit to him.....

What should have been red flags to him, like no access to computer or e-mail and please send cash through the mail were easily explained away by the scammer as being an elderly gentleman who hates technology and just dealt in cash as he hated the taxman. There are many seniors out there that think the same way. It works.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsborough , North Carolina
I also recommend following Colonial Airstream in New Jersey for their list of units.

They seem to usually have a good supply of used units. I found their prices to be very fair as market prices. And they usually have enough various models that you can use their advertised prices to set a benchmark for other prices you see on units advertised in other places.

You might get a lower price buying direct from an individual, but having the service tech's at Colonial (or any other major Airstream dealer) give it thorough inspection of all functional items can be worth a huge piece of mind. There is risk in having the dealer where you plan to purchase perform the inspection and that carries a certain degree of uncertainty, but unless you have a process to perform an unbiased inspection it is still better than a backyard inspection that you might perform on your own, unless you allocate hours to verifying all components. Most major Airstream dealers will offer a thorough inspection for a price and that price can be fairly high, but if the dealer is very reputable, it is performed by the service department, and they can maintain some degree of non-conflict with the sales department and perhaps give you an honest assessment of the real condition of functional elements.

Good Luck.
GeeSag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #45

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Update to the Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Jack,

That brings up another question:

Why can't I delete an add I placed. (If I can I can't figure out how).

I marked it sold, However all my contact information still shows up. I edited it all out piece by piece, but I prefer the add would be gone completely.

Ken
Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't aware that it behaved in the manner it did, and as of today it's improved. As I mentioned previously, before it was set to remove the "Contact Seller" box that would send you email when you mark the ad Sold, but as you pointed out it was leaving the phone number in place.

As of today, if you put your phone number in the phone number field it will become hidden as soon as you mark an ad Sold. Someone would still be able to contact you via PM by using your username on the AIRForums side, but that would be all.

We do not recommend putting contact information in the text of an ad. The text of the ad will NOT be modified when you mark the ad Sold.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote