Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
**Campground Perks**

We were staying in a campground once and were intrigued with the use of the rest rooms. The rest rooms being descent and clean, were kept locked but the key was hanging on a post about thirty or forty yards from the restrooms. It was quite a hassle and several un-necessary steps just to use the facility. I suppose it was good exercise though since the post was somewhat down hill from where we were parked. We would walk down the hill get the key, walk back up to the rest room, walk back down the hill to deposit the key on the post, walk back up the hill to the camper.

After inquiring about the key I learned it was necessary to keep outsiders from stopping by to use the facility. I guess we understood but wow, what a memory!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 02:30 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Locked Restrooms...

My wife and I use the same campground every year in Ruidoso, NM for the Chile cookoff-Arts and Crafts- Car show weekend in Oct. Their rr's are locked with a push button lock for the same reason (keep outsiders out, or in the bushes! hehe).
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote