Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2004, 06:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
PT Cruiser is a FWD transverse engine car, like the Neon, and even the Caravan.
Terry
It is !
I don't know for the life of me why I thought it was rwd. Now I think I'll just get a dolly, I kind of like that idea so far!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #22
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
And it's got a driver's door, I really like that.

One thing about a dolly is dealing with it when you get to the campground. Unless you have a pull thru they can sometimes be a pain to wrestle out of the way.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

How long did you own the airstream? What made you decide to sell the (2?) trailers you've owned?: size or quality issues? Did you sell the trailer yet? I take it you are going full time here?
frozen chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Argosy24MH
And it's got a driver's door, I really like that.

One thing about a dolly is dealing with it when you get to the campground. Unless you have a pull thru they can sometimes be a pain to wrestle out of the way.

John
The dolly I owned had a small handle on top of the tongue, you could lift it off the hitch and wheel it around, although it can be exciting on a hill, if it gets away from you .
Terry
Old 12-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #25
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen chosen
How long did you own the airstream? What made you decide to sell the (2?) trailers you've owned?: size or quality issues? Did you sell the trailer yet? I take it you are going full time here?
We have had the present A/S since around the fall of 2000. The one before that we had about 8 years and our first one we had for about 2-3 years can't really remember.

I really didn't have any issues that I disliked on our A/S's other than I always disliked the way the storage compartments stayed wet in the back bumper and tiny flakes of rust would work it's way into that area. I haven't had very much trouble on this one but I have noticed it just a little. As we got a newer one, we noticed little things that were left out of the older ones that we really missed; such as the indoor/outdoor thermometer which would show the high and low of the day (75 International). I also missed the x-over valve to fill the fresh water tank that we had on our 68.

With each A/S we purchased we got it because it was a little newer and had more room than the previous one we had.

We haven't even begun to get the A/S ready to sell at this point. I probably will sell it though.

I was looking at getting an A/S/ MH. I really like the looks of the ones before the style changed so much. As far as switching brands let’s just say that we couldn’t pass this opportunity up once it arrived.

We don’t have any plans to full time but we really would like to travel a lot more especially if we ever retire. We would like to see more of this big beautiful country but I don't think I could full time. I would have to have a place to come home to. Who knows, maybe we will become snow birds!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
I know that I will eventually upgrade to a single rear axle, diesel pusher, maybe mid 30 feet, but brand is unclear. I'm waiting for the new A/S MH to come out soon so that when I retire in 12 yrs., the Lord willing, it will be at a good price used. I heard it will be styled close to the classic aluminums. If so, then I'll do that. Otherwise, sob's have some good models out there too. Blue Bird comes to mind. I'll keep dreaming for now. When searching for my first MH, I looked at a lot of Gulfstreams...they're very nice.