Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2004, 09:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Yep...it's COOL!

Try this for help in posting photos to your gallery ~ Photos 101

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Streetside Head

And a wee littl'en it is -but will do the trick!!!

Will convert to a "wetbath" and feel like we are on a boat. For those unsure - you get to shower while sitting on the toilet and brushing your teeth
Attached Images

05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Nice~!

Congrats~!~ very, very nice`!~

We're sitting out by the "Silvery Moon", enjoying our new A/S, dreaming of all the places she's been...When her new name struck like a thunderbolt~!~ for the first time..
Some where...in that, is my name suggestion...lmao

Enjoy your new found jewel~!!

ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:17 AM   #24
4slice

1977 31' Sovereign
Chase , British Columbia
Your new '69 looks great! It has the same rock cover over the front window as my '77 (but mine has spider web cracking all over it, with yellow epoxy holding it together--previous owner's work!). It's in very nice condition from the photos. Good luck with choosing a name--kinda like naming a baby, huh? I wouldn't be much help with 1969 as I was only seven years old and don't remember Woodstock--although I do remember watching the moon landing on a 13" tv with rabbit ears at the neighbour's cabin while we were camping.

JACO--if you can believe it, the Mounties used to have a marketing agreement with Disney in the '90's, and the stereotyped images, logos, etc. are all now trademarked and licensed! I even have a copyright tattooed in my ear (I just feel that way most days at work!).

Good luck with naming the new A/S, GT--since you're from the UK originally, how about something that reminds you of the "old" country?

Gary H.
(freezing in BC)
4slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:39 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
Smile very nice

i noted a few missing parts.....refrigerator magnets.....maybe you can get some decor ideas...are they still televising "Cabin Country" up there?....i have a name for your coach...Haggis...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #26
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Re: Too Funny

Quote:
Originally posted by GT6921
As far as being cool - we can't get any cooler up here at a mean average lately of -25 for southern Ontario - now that is COOL

Our house is called "Chattering Woods" - we live in a forest with over 7 different species of Squirrel - and hundreds of birds - so it is pretty noisy in here.
Are you sure you didn't name it after the noise your teeth make while you're outside?

Gorgeous trailer! You did well to jump on it as quickly as you did. You wouldn't have had a second chance on that one! Trailers in that condition get scooped immediately... as you well know now!

Best of luck, and keep everyone posted with the travellogue of your trip!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:51 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wink "aiy" ( Sounds like 'I' or spelled eye)

Well a bit of duct tape on that cupboard door might doooo....dle

Do you mean "Rainbow Country" or "Forest Rangers" never heard of Cabin Country"...we could pop into the back yard and get some gnawed poplar branches compliments of our local Beaver.

I noticed someone had oak spindles in their galley recently - GBP's (gnawed beaver pieces) would make for really neat deco art???

I sure hope you are refering to a "silvery sausage link" and to "I" as a "hagg"

Good Morning
Sharon
Old 01-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
aiy captain

a gracious good morning to you! "Cabin Country"...(my how time flies) is an older series...those you spoke of are probably retreads...it was a show that featured decorated "outhooses" and nutty inventions by pensioners with too much time on their hands....if you catch my meaning....if you get my drift..
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Sharon,
Beautiful A/S. We have a 72 Argosy 20 ft, and are fairly new to airstreaming. We lucked out on ours and had to do very little work compared to some of the units I've read about on the forum. We named ours old rivets because until we replaced the axel, it kept popping rivets and we had to replace them.
I realy like the inside of yours (from the pictures) and hope you have as much fun as we do. We are going to the Fla state rally in February, wish you could be there with your new child, I would love to see it.

Best wishes
Marie
sd90mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:36 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Still can not believe it!!!!!!!

Hi Marie;

Yes we were just so so so lucky - to be on the internet at the right time and the right Forum!

Besides a few minor touch ups - we just might get away with padding up the foam and giving the inside a high grade steam clean!!!

So to start us off....

GT041.5K - GlobeTrotter's 2004 1.5 liter Kettle

When is the rally in Florida and where? - Do you have to be hooked up to an A/S to enter or can you go in with "proof of purchase" and a photo ID
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gt041.5k.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	4648  
Old 01-30-2004, 04:56 PM   #31
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: Still can not believe it!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GT6921
Hi Marie;

Yes we were just so so so lucky - to be on the internet at the right time and the right Forum!

Besides a few minor touch ups - we just might get away with padding up the foam and giving the inside a high grade steam clean!!!

So to start us off....

GT041.5K - GlobeTrotter's 2004 1.5 liter Kettle

When is the rally in Florida and where? - Do you have to be hooked up to an A/S to enter or can you go in with "proof of purchase" and a photo ID
The rally is Feb. 18-22, in Sarasota, at the county Fairgrounds just off Fruitville Road. There is an exit for that road on the Interstate(I-75). It is Basically next to the National Guard armory, we need the protection for our multimillion-dollar coaches...
As far as I know, you can get in without actually having your trailer, just tell them you are "with the band." (Another '60's joke.)
You can also sign up for the WBCCI there, so you can be official.
Good luck with the Globe Trotter, and hope to see you there.
Terry
Old 01-30-2004, 05:30 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Congratulations on your new baby!

Quote:
Cookie Monster lived in a aluminum cylinder.
Since I was born in the mid-60's, I can assure you that it was Grouch that lived in the garbage can.

Quote:
When is the rally in Florida and where?
Here is a link to a thread about the Florida State Rally, with some more information and a link to the rally web site. Please look us up if you're there!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:34 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
We shall call her..... MINI STREAM......
Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Norby -- Haggis?? You missed your chance! Why wouldn't you suggest "lutefisk's lament." Why serve smoked sardine tins when you can just pour lye on it?

Bwah-hah-hah-haa-aah!!!! (Cabin fever at 25 below I guess... Sorry, I need to get out to the pole barn and measure for curtains so I can put that order in at www.jpadrapes.com..... Guess I'll have to settle for scraping off old window gaskets this weekend.)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
Exclamation

o.k...i know when ive been licked......
norby