Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Anyone have a 2022 model delivered yet?

We have a 2022 International FBT with hatch that is supposed to come off build in a week or so with estimated delivery around August 24th. We are realistic in our expectations and do not really expect to end up taking delivery until some time in September (maybe longer), especially since this will be a build done so early in the 2022 year.

Saw on a recent thread something about a wheel bearing shortage causing a delay in someone's delivery date and I am sure there are other shortages as well as just the delivery issues in general which our dealer did warn us about. But just wondered if anyone has a 2022 in transport currently or one that has actually been delivered to the dealer yet?
DustyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

*IF* the trailer is moving along, there should be a VIN number assigned to it by now. Your dealer should be able to give you that number. Once you have the number, you can call JC and ask about your build.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

*IF* the trailer is moving along, there should be a VIN number assigned to it by now. Your dealer should be able to give you that number. Once you have the number, you can call JC and ask about your build.

Bob
Thanks Bob! I have heard this before and we were told by our dealer that we should expect to hear something from them by the middle of the month and so we are waiting to reach out until then if we do not hear anything. I am sure our dealer wants to be paid and to start the financing process so if they knew anything yet they would probably have reached out. Again, I am expecting it to be delayed, but just more curious if there are 2022's already being delivered out there.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyTrails View Post
Thanks Bob! I have heard this before and we were told by our dealer that we should expect to hear something from them by the middle of the month and so we are waiting to reach out until then if we do not hear anything. I am sure our dealer wants to be paid and to start the financing process so if they knew anything yet they would probably have reached out. Again, I am expecting it to be delayed, but just more curious if there are 2022's already being delivered out there.
Hi

Give them a call and ask. I certainly have .....

Given how "soft" the transition has been between 2021's and 2022's some of what people have been getting might be just as well labeled 2022 as 2021. On some models, the first 2022's aren't due out until next year.

It's also true that there have been a *wide* range of delivery dates for "first ship of this or that model" tossed out by various dealers. This has been going on for almost 18 months at this point. There are a couple dealers who seem to have a really poor record ( but lots of orders ) ..... hmmm .....

Bob
Old 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' International
Lakewood , Washington
Waiting Also

Same sentiments about the 2022's. I have a build date 8 August. Guessing around two weeks for west coast transport and prep. Still haven't seen my model visually, except Pottery Barn used our 28 RBT as their show model. The interior is beefed up to the tune of 43K extra so a lot of what I see doesn't apply to the commoner. An example would be a very cushy dinette or longer sink area.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
I have a 23' GT FB Twin on order. I placed the order in May and my dealer had a slot open with a delivery originally expected in September.

Last week my dealer called and provided a VIN number and an updated completion date from the factory. They have it scheduled to be completed the first week in September. This was delayed only one week from the original completion date.

Delivery date will be 3 weeks later. 2 weeks to transport to my dealer and 1 week for dealer to prep and perform customizations.

I am excited. We used to own a 27' International Serenity, we loved it but decided to venture into the B+ Motorhome territory. Unfortunately, we didn't care for that and decided to go back to Airstream. We chose the 23' FB Twin because the floor plan for two adults is so much nicer than the floor plan for the 27'. So much wasted space and poor bathroom design in the 27' models. Besides the 23' will be better suited for National and State Parks.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Give them a call and ask. I certainly have .....

Given how "soft" the transition has been between 2021's and 2022's some of what people have been getting might be just as well labeled 2022 as 2021. On some models, the first 2022's aren't due out until next year.

It's also true that there have been a *wide* range of delivery dates for "first ship of this or that model" tossed out by various dealers. This has been going on for almost 18 months at this point. There are a couple dealers who seem to have a really poor record ( but lots of orders ) ..... hmmm .....

Bob
Yeah, I don't understand what is really going on with these dealers. I see some ordered in March and aren't expecting their 2022 until December or January. We ordered in May and are getting ours late September. From what I can tell, the Globetrotter line seems to be coming off the production line first. Classics are being delayed but even that isn't consistent. My guess is that some dealers have over sold their quota of Airstreams and are really having to wait for slots.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDreamer View Post
I have a 23' GT FB Twin on order. I placed the order in May and my dealer had a slot open with a delivery originally expected in September.

Last week my dealer called and provided a VIN number and an updated completion date from the factory. They have it scheduled to be completed the first week in September. This was delayed only one week from the original completion date.

Delivery date will be 3 weeks later. 2 weeks to transport to my dealer and 1 week for dealer to prep and perform customizations.

\.
Thats what we had happen. Inquired in May how long the build would take on a 25 FBT International with hatch and they already had one on their list that had everything we wanted that was not spoken for yet. So we were told Aug 24th delivery which was AMAZING considering otherwise we would have waited 9-11 months most likely.

That is helpful info about the delay you are having and a week is nothing, so hopefully ours will be similar in time. They also told us 1-2 weeks transport and then 4 days at the dealer to do all the check outs before we can pick it up. I am not in a giant hurry, it is mostly just tough not knowing dates better because of planning. We will be taking time off work because we haven't taken a vacation in a couple years and our dealer is a ways away and we want to do a shake down trip in that area in case there are things we need to return to the dealer for. So requesting time off work, booking campgrounds near the dealer, etc is a bit tough when you do not have dates. ut it will definitely be worth the wait! Good luck on your new GT!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:19 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Dusty - many dealers will let you camp on their lot the first night. To test systems.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Dusty - many dealers will let you camp on their lot the first night. To test systems.
I know colonial and some of the bigger dealers do which is amazing! I do not think ours does. I did not directly ask that question of our dealer but did discuss places to stay near there with him and he never brought up that option. It is a pretty small dealer so I am not sure they even have room for this. May be worth a direct ask though. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2022 28' Flying Cloud
GAINESVILLE , GA
We ordered a 28’ FC 05/21/2021. Just heard from Tim Maxwell, Regional Sales Rep., that we are expected to receive custody February or March of 22.
We don’t have a VIN at this point, obviosly.
Spaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #12
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Yeah, I don't understand what is really going on with these dealers. I see some ordered in March and aren't expecting their 2022 until December or January. We ordered in May and are getting ours late September. From what I can tell, the Globetrotter line seems to be coming off the production line first. Classics are being delayed but even that isn't consistent. My guess is that some dealers have over sold their quota of Airstreams and are really having to wait for slots.
Hi

I think there are also a number of examples of dealers saying just about anything to close a deal......

Bob
Old 08-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Any sense if they are reducing the back log? Elapsed time from order date to delivery date getting shorter, staying the same or getting longer?
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:48 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Charlevoix , Michigan
We took delivery of our 2022 Flying Cloud FBT on 7/30/21, it was ordered on 1/27/21. I have another thread that addresses the changes between the ‘21’s and ‘22’s.
Yardbird54E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Austin , TX
Quote:
We felt fortunate to sign an agreement, pay our deposit, and get a VIN number in mid April of 2021 for a Aug 16 build/slot. Our GT is now scheduled for a completion date of Aug 19 (one week from today) after one delay. We will keep you updated on any delays that might come along this next week. Keeping our fingers crossed for a lat August pickup.

On a side note, we called today (Aug 19) to inquire about viewing our AS in production. We were told that as of three days ago all employees are back to full masks, and no visitors of any kind are being allowed on the production floor.
andee_lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
We ordered a classic 33 back in may. It’s scheduled for build first week of November. As of last week I was told that there were no delays.

However they also told me that there was a current run of classics that had been delayed a couple weeks waiting on furniture. Apparently the classics outsource the furniture and other models are built in house. I’m assuming anything with solid wood doors is built out of AS factory.

Of course with the closure of the big China port today, who the heck knows. I’m sure the classic is higher risk for delays due to the additional systems it has that are highly electronic.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:53 AM   #17
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepine View Post
We ordered a classic 33 back in may. It’s scheduled for build first week of November. As of last week I was told that there were no delays.

However they also told me that there was a current run of classics that had been delayed a couple weeks waiting on furniture. Apparently the classics outsource the furniture and other models are built in house. I’m assuming anything with solid wood doors is built out of AS factory.

Of course with the closure of the big China port today, who the heck knows. I’m sure the classic is higher risk for delays due to the additional systems it has that are highly electronic.
Hi

I think you will find that the cabinet doors on the classics (wardrobe, storage bins.....) are made by an outside supplier on the classic. The rest of the cabinetry is a very normal AS build. It's AS so who knows ....

Bob
Old 08-14-2021, 11:26 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by andee_lane View Post
Our GT is now scheduled for a completion date of Aug 19 (one week from today) after one delay. We will keep you updated on any delays that might come along this next week. Keeping our fingers crossed for a lat August pickup.
HA! Our dealer told us this week that ours is scheduled to be completed August 18th. With 10-12 days for transport putting it arriving to the dealer the very last days of August. So basically same time frame as yours! He said he would call us this next week with an update. So we shall see. I am not holding my breath. I feel like we got super lucky with an unclaimed International with all our needs and desires in it without having to wait 9-12 months. AND we got lucky getting a truck with 90% of what we would have built on it that we found on a lot before others came to buy that same truck on that same day. So I do not believe our luck will fully hold with almost the original delivery date. We aren't that lucky!

Definitely keep us posted with what you find out this coming week and I will as well. fingers crossed!
Old 08-14-2021, 11:35 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhoop View Post
Any sense if they are reducing the back log? Elapsed time from order date to delivery date getting shorter, staying the same or getting longer?
I do not truly know and the dealers would be the one to ask about that. However I will say that when we first inquired about length of time for a new build back in April and then May 2021, all three dealers said 7-9 months. Now I am seeing people on the forum put in build requests and it seems their anticipated wait they are being told is more like 9-11 months. Maybe they are just being extra conservative on the dates at this point, but it may mean that the backlog is getting longer.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:48 AM   #20
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I think it's safe to say the backlog is getting bigger.

Bob