Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
24 Hours Later You Are Wanted By The Forums !!

Hi SM,

Would ya look at that?! Less than 24 hours after your post and this post #41!! You have found THE place to be. You'll find help for your Q's and support from those who've already been there. I'm confident you and your family will enjoy a casual rally and to echo a previous comment....just come as you are & with what you have. You are most welcome and your wife might find the shower/restroom facilities not all that bad. So please do consider coming to the Midwest Forums Rally in June. (in Leroy, between Bloomington & Normal, IL) Family friendly, it's sheduled AFTER school is out for the summer. Some attendees are from the STL, MO area.

Not at all offended,
Ol' suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
So please do consider coming to the Midwest Forums Rally in June. (in Leroy, between Bloomington & Normal, IL) Family friendly, it's sheduled AFTER school is out for the summer. Some attendees are from the STL, MO area.
It's funny. My A/S would essentially be at the PO's residence if I was able to have it ready for that rally (doubtful). I picked it up in Champaign, IL just a stones throw away from Leroy. Weird.
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #43
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
A = Old
S = Yes
L = Here
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by klattu
A = Old
S = Yes
L = Here
Makes me feel like I'm in an internet chatroom
Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
By no means am I limiting the ages of people attending rallies or camping events. The major intent of the thread was to find other A/S owners in similar situations as my family, (two full time workers, very young children at home).
I remember being younger and concerned about being able to share times with folks our age and hoping they had kids too. It was always great when we went places where folks also had kids... made it more fun for everyone. We used to do a lot of sailing and when our son was younger he liked it for awhile... but being out at sea for hours on end... he liked to do things with other kids part of the time. So, we joined a club that had a youth group...it worked great. We all got to sail, and he met some great kids! He is grown now, and was best man at one of his "little" sailing buddies wedding!

Anyway, the point is understood by those of us who have been there, done that! Sometimes when we are retired we forget you can't make rallys on Thursdays, or stay an extra day... oops, you got to go to work!

One of the great things we have noticed is many of the rallys we have been to have had a wide variety of ages. Makes it very interesting! Everyone has things to share. Besides when with younger folks, we don't just sit around and share stories about our ailments and latest medical procedures! We get to talk airstream!

Good luck and have fun!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Time and Relative dimentions in Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn

Good luck and have fun!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Is your A/S bigger on the inside then it is on the outside?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
glen ellyn , Illinois
Send a message via MSN to lilmouse Send a message via Yahoo to lilmouse
I was reading this thread in hopes to find other young couples our age.
I am now 33, he's 39. We got the airtream when I was 24.
Our challenge is we belong to a coast-to-coast campground where we keep our trailer. Since we live with my husband's dad, going to the trailer seems to be the only dwelling my husband I can be kinda alone.
Fortunately for us, my mom and her husband own a park model trailer in the same campground. They have tried to talk us into selling our lot and moving closer to them. We love our parents, but we want our own space.
At our campground, we don't have any friends. Just parents, grand-parent, and a few great-auntie's who have lots there. When we started out, we made friends with folks on our street. And now they've either stopped coming up to camp, or in poor health, or unfortunately passed away.
As far as membership with WBCCI, I just don't see it being something our family would enjoy doing. My reason: I had bought a watched an older vhs short film- Silver Palace. Sure some here have seen it. During the part of the film where the woman was upset that B-Vans were excluded from membership, just left me with a bad impression that any rv enthusiast would be excluded from that type of group.

I love what I've read here, the forum is fun as are the people. Interesting, insightful, and care-free, down to earth folks.

Now I need to find a thread or start one on "how to do repairs or renovations with a limited or low budget".

Thanks!
Lilmouse
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #48
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
SM-

You need to move to the east coast! Many WBCCI Units have realized the core of their units changing. The New England Unit has a fantastic mix of members from owners of airstream still in their teens to MOHO members in their 70's. Not a month goes by that there is not an event or rally of some type. Most often several a month. Events are mixed and varied offering every member the opportunity to involved. We have weekend rallies for the working family members with activities for kids and those without kids, contests, themed rallies, you name it we are doing it. Check out our schedule at:

WBCCI New England Unit Airstream Club

I am positive there are other Units out there with the same strong membership and understanding of it's members.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yea lilmouse you would have loved aluminations! I wasn't able to attend but it was a really cool event! I guarantee you would have loved it.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic
Windsor , Ontario
Soldiermedic :

This is a good thread dude !!

The wife & I are just rounding the bend (50yrs) & we are often referred to as "the kids" when we go to events.

Don't worry though...age will catch up with you.

This is one reason why we have a sailboat...it's a younger crowd !!

Paul.
Winpipe Homepage
Paul Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #51
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
My wife and I are in our early (her) to mid (me) 40's. We have two sons ages 7 & 10. We bought our Airstream last May after two years of planning and we are loving it. We wish our local WBCCI unit had younger members but there are some with children and some that bring their grandchildren. Unfortunately, we have to work and can't do the 5 day rallies so we will just have to show up on Saturday and leave on Sunday...with a unit with over 200 members (so we were told) we wouldn't get prime camping sites at the rallies so we probably won't do too many.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
Myself and my wife are also in our mid 40's no kids and no friends haha it is hard to find people to go camping with in our age group I guess everyone is busy workin and stuff me too we do get to go a few times a year mostly just locally to a 100 miles away from home maybe some one could start a group for the younger people to the young at heart .

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Just about to leave the 20-30 crowd.. ..with 4 kids, 2-12.
We attend Rallies with our unit and are the youngest there. So what, it is like a big grandparents party for the kids! A good unit will work with you.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulO
Soldiermedic :

This is a good thread dude !!

The wife & I are just rounding the bend (50yrs) & we are often referred to as "the kids" when we go to events.

Don't worry though...age will catch up with you.

This is one reason why we have a sailboat...it's a younger crowd !!

Paul.
Winpipe Homepage
I used to sail Hobie 18's and 21's......though I was vastly younger...most the competition was older then
Old 03-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
I have been authorized by the Boss to release my age only - I am a young 45. You are as young as you feel - the 50's are todays 30's the way people are taking care of themselves.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #56
3 Rivet Member

40ish early... with baby 2 yr old... Hubby is a slight bit older than I..
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
41, and 44 with 3 boys ages 9, and 14. We're just starting our 2cd. year with the Airstream, and have a lot planned already. It is nice when we go to a campground, and find people in our age group with kids. There usually aren't many there. I've never been to a rally, but would like to check one out sometime. Since we both work, and like to plan our vacations around visiting national parks, and such it makes long trips few, and far between. We're lucky to live where we do which makes it easy to get in a lot of weekend get aways to so many nice campgrounds in the mountains. Going to a rally very far away, or for more then a long weekend would be difficult.

Charlie
Pacerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #58
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacerized
41, and 44 with 3 boys ages 9, and 14. We're just starting our 2cd. year with the Airstream, and have a lot planned already. It is nice when we go to a campground, and find people in our age group with kids. There usually aren't many there. I've never been to a rally, but would like to check one out sometime. Since we both work, and like to plan our vacations around visiting national parks, and such it makes long trips few, and far between. We're lucky to live where we do which makes it easy to get in a lot of weekend get aways to so many nice campgrounds in the mountains. Going to a rally very far away, or for more then a long weekend would be difficult.

Charlie
We're in the same situation for rallies, but we have been to a couple sans Airstream and a one with and looking forward to our second with Airstream, but they are all two day trips for us. Kids have had a fairly good time so far, though. Looking forward to more.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
I echo the sentiment of some of the others. We are in our later 50's with 6 grown kids that we took tent camping, popup, hybrid and then the pinnacle of the AS. I work full time but have the luxury of taking off all the time I like, especially if I have internet and cell phone capability (I normally work from home).

Looking at the pictures of some of the rallies makes me think we might be too young for them. I guess I hate to admit I am getting to where others don't want to hang with me because I am too old

My wife is very shy and meeting new people is hard for her. When we hit an RV park, we usually do so with another couple in a SOB, go out to dinner and lunch and daytrip. On our own, we boondock by ourselves.

Maybe someone can give me some compelling reasons to join the WBICC as this group in NorCal seems nice.
altamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by altamont
I echo the sentiment of some of the others. We are in our later 50's with 6 grown kids that we took tent camping, popup, hybrid and then the pinnacle of the AS. I work full time but have the luxury of taking off all the time I like, especially if I have internet and cell phone capability (I normally work from home).

Looking at the pictures of some of the rallies makes me think we might be too young for them. I guess I hate to admit I am getting to where others don't want to hang with me because I am too old

My wife is very shy and meeting new people is hard for her. When we hit an RV park, we usually do so with another couple in a SOB, go out to dinner and lunch and daytrip. On our own, we boondock by ourselves.

Maybe someone can give me some compelling reasons to join the WBICC as this group in NorCal seems nice.
Why don't you contact lhlarsen on this forum, he is a member of the Northern California WBCCI unit. He will be able to answer all of your questions and let you know about the rallies they have planned. He is in Walnut Creek, not too far away from you.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote