Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Talking Almost-our new Airstream!

This seems a little silly, but I have to share the excitement... I committed verbally to a deal today on our new trailer! We'll see it on Saturday and delivery next week...

Yay!

Tom (and Frank)
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Congratulations ! I am sure almost everyone in the forum who has made the leap felt the same. I am sure I did and I love it! Once you get it get out there and explore the world!
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Me too!!!

Whatcha gettin"?....I will clinch a deal on an Argosy($2500)...told it's a 1978 25(approx) footer...this weekend...It looks like it's in good shape...hasn't been moved in 2-3 years( but well maintained)...
I plan to make it my home while I rent out my house (part of my retirement strategy: to get my house paid off early, then travel and make the last kid get off the couch and leave home)
...It's sitting on 6 acres of open pasture, hooked up to the septic and electricity from the main house...I'm thinking of installing solar...and doing some remodeling (The 70's nubby upolstery leaves funny patterns on my thighs.)...This site is a terrific resource...
What made you decide to get an AS ?....
The newer(other brand) trailers just didn't suit my taste or pocketbook.
I sold my tow vehicle when I sold my horse...but I won't need one until I'm ready to hit the road.
Kate
Trailerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

We're getting a 2004 Safari 28 Slideout. It's very exciting.

Airstream was the only possibility for us. We like the classic styling and design. We expect to spend probably two weeks a year plus some weekends in it so we wanted something easy to tow. Finally, my grandparents had (several) Airstreams when I was a kid, so there's an emotional connection.

I expect to sign the deal on Saturday and take delivery next week. Then it's off to the Blue Ridge!

Tom (and Frank)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerbunny
Whatcha gettin"?....I will clinch a deal on an Argosy($2500)...told it's a 1978 25(approx) footer...this weekend...It looks like it's in good shape...hasn't been moved in 2-3 years( but well maintained)...
I plan to make it my home while I rent out my house (part of my retirement strategy: to get my house paid off early, then travel and make the last kid get off the couch and leave home)
...It's sitting on 6 acres of open pasture, hooked up to the septic and electricity from the main house...I'm thinking of installing solar...and doing some remodeling (The 70's nubby upolstery leaves funny patterns on my thighs.)...This site is a terrific resource...
I sold my tow vehicle when I sold my horse...but I won't need one until I'm ready to hit the road.
Kate
Old 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! Post some pictures once it's yours!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Almost-our new Airstream!

Greetings Tom and Frank!

Welcome to the growing ranks of Northern Illinois Airstream owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
This seems a little silly, but I have to share the excitement... I committed verbally to a deal today on our new trailer! We'll see it on Saturday and delivery next week...

Yay!

Tom (and Frank)
Congratulations on the acquisition! The next few weeks will be filled with numerous new experiences that fly at an amazing pace, and will likely be among the most memorable of the ownership experience. I can't say that I remember much about the first few weeks with my Brand X trailer, but every minute of the first few weeks with both my Overlander and Minuet were quite memorable.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Almost-our new Airstream!

Greetings Kate!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerbunny
Kate
The 1970s Argosys had a unique personality that has aged well. I just returned from a week at the WBCCI International Rally at Lansing, Michigan, and my Minuet was an absolute pleasure during the entire Rally. I think that this was the only International where I felt like my coach was unique (I towed my Overlander to the other five internationals that I have attended) - - it was the only Argosy in the VAC parking area (there were at least six others including at least two Argosy Motorhomes elsewhere on the grounds), and appeared to be the only Minuet at the Rally.

If the coach that you are acquiring is a 1978, it is likely a 24' or a 27' - - the information that I have does not list a 25', but it is not uncommon to find mistakes in length on titles (the MO title listed my Overlander as 28' when in fact it is 26' 8"). Posted below is a scan of the page from the '78 Argosy sales brochure that deals with the Argosy 24:

It might also be an Argosy 27 as shown below:

The next coaches smaller than 25' would be either the Minuet 6.0 Metre (20') or the Minuet 6.7 Metre (22'). The next larger coach after the Argosy 27 would be the Argosy 30 (the largest Argosy trailer for 1978).

Good luck with your acquisition!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Thanks... it's already going quickly. On top of work, negotiating the trailer, hitch, brake controller, finances, etc., there are the large orders at Camping World, Walmart, etc., and planning our first trip!

Tom, and Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64
Greetings Tom and Frank!

Welcome to the growing ranks of Northern Illinois Airstream owners!

Congratulations on the acquisition! The next few weeks will be filled with numerous new experiences that fly at an amazing pace, and will likely be among the most memorable of the ownership experience. I can't say that I remember much about the first few weeks with my Brand X trailer, but every minute of the first few weeks with both my Overlander and Minuet were quite memorable.

Kevin
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Old 07-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

By the way, that's cool Argosy history!

Tom
Old 07-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Congrats!!! We're still excited about our '04 Safari 25.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

The deal is struck...

It happened today... We sealed our deal with Airstream of Indiana and our new trailer comes on Wednesday...