Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1995 34' Excella
Atlanta , Georgia
Airstream service in Atlanta

Hello All,
I'm the proud first time owner of a 25' 1991 Excella Classic. I'm excited, both to be a new member of this forum, as well as with my new AS. I took my first trip last weekend to New Orleans and am proud to say that we (me, my tow vehicle, and trailer) made it relatively unscathed. Though I won't lie and say that I didn't have a moment of panic when I was packing up to come home and couldn't get my awning to retract (such a minor thing......but ya can't travel with it out)!
I was surprised and a little disappointed to find that there is no Airstream dealer or certified service center in Atlanta. I was lucky to find "all-pro mobile rv repair". Stephen, the owner, has been extremely helpful and seems to be really knowledgeable regarding Airstreams. He was able to inspect the trailer, check out all the systems, and even install my Reese hitch (on a Saturday). This brings me to my question. I was wondering if anyone else in the Northern Georgia area had any other mechanics, service centers, or dealers that they can recommend for the various services we may need.
Regards,
VIN
vincaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
hi from AZ. . . Welcome to the forums. . . as a former Atlantan, I have to admit to finding no one locally to service an Airstream. I actually tried to use Camping World when they were briefly a supposed dealer, but was so unimpressed by their service people, I went on my way. We actually drove to the mothership to have a new sofa installed & had service done while there. (hey, it was only 685 miles, give or take), and was a good experience. Good luck on your search , quite a few AS's in Atlanta area, maybe someone has a good shop they'll share, Regards, Craig
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
You might try North Georgia Aero-stream Repair,15544 Highway 515 S., Ellijay, Ga. 30540 for the more complex tasks beyond the standard Dometic appliances, etc.
770-845-0769 and ask for James Richards.

ngaaero-stream.com - Home
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
For a closer to home option, send a PM to Skatiero. Rob has done extensive work on his own Airstreams and will also do work for others. If you can make it, I suggest attending Springsteam the second weekend of April. There will be a lot of fellow Airstreamers from the area there.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Hello and welcome to Air Forums - lots of good information to be found here.

Three Way Campers is on Cobb Parkway (north) in Marietta. They were an Airstream service center years ago but separated from Airstream at some point. I've had our trailer serviced there and found they were knowledgeable on all things Airstream (at least the work they did for me).

You'll find with Airstream repairs that it is sometimes worth the drive to find a suitable repair shop. Think of it as a reason to take a vacation and see some new sites. There's a dealer in South Carolina, a dealer in Mississippi and as somebody said - there's always a trip to the mothership in Jackson Center, OH.

Consider attending an Air Forums rally soon. Alumalina is this weekend and Springstream is coming up in mid-April.

Good luck
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1995 34' Excella
Atlanta , Georgia
Well thanks so much all. I really appreciate the leads you have provided me and will follow up on them.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
TMT
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
You might try North Georgia Aero-stream Repair,15544 Highway 515 S., Ellijay, Ga. 30540 for the more complex tasks beyond the standard Dometic appliances, etc.
770-845-0769 and ask for James Richards.

ngaaero-stream.com - Home
Had a Very NOT So Pleasant experience with them.
Sorry.

Life Is A Journey - Enjoy the Ride!
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Chip and Jeff

1991 25' Excella
Atlanta , Georgia
I am the partner of VIN...so the same AS as mentioned at the start of the string.

We purchased new Dexter Axles from Inland RV and picked them up in Macon GA. Michelle at Inland RV arranged this for us and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Since we live in midtown Atlanta, installing the new axles ourselves was not an option. so we went with Three Way Campers in Marietta. The whole experience couldn't have been more pleasant. Ryan, who was the tech that installed the axles, was very knowledgeable about AS axle replacement and showed that expertise and professionalism throughout the process. Since we in Atlanta are in Airstream Siberia, it is nice to know that there is a competent alternative to the "other CW place". Many compliments to Marsha also...the scheduler who made the whole thing work with our schedule.
ctcbcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
We really need to see some pictures. We are considering a '92 25' Excella.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:01 AM   #10
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
In Atlanta, Three Way Campers is one of the best alternatives. We've used them too. CW is okay for some parts and all supplies but they know very little about Airstreams.
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Athens , Georgia
Likewise, my experience with North Georgia Airstreams was not what I had expected. I just spent the last 2 months redoing everything (except the paint job and floor installation) that was done during 5 months in the shop in Ellijay.
MIKO92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #12

1979 29' Ambassador
Athens , Georgia
I had James at N Ga Airstreams install a new belly pan on ours 79 Ambassador.
He did a good job . I now have a leaking gray water tank and I am considering getting him to do that repair.
Colel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 28
Mableton , Georgia
Looks like I'll need to reach out to Three Way Campers, as I haven't had ay luck finding someone local willing to help with some of the structural things I'm hesitant to tackle myself.

I was really hoping North Georgia Aero-stream Repair would be a good option, but with the exception of Colel5, it appears no one has had a good experience with them.

I've nearly fully gutted our Argosy, but now need someone with expertise to help with welding and axles. Any additional resources my fellow Atlantans could share would be much appreciated!
dwntreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #14
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntreader View Post
Looks like I'll need to reach out to Three Way Campers, as I haven't had ay luck finding someone local willing to help with some of the structural things I'm hesitant to tackle myself.

I was really hoping North Georgia Aero-stream Repair would be a good option, but with the exception of Colel5, it appears no one has had a good experience with them.

I've nearly fully gutted our Argosy, but now need someone with expertise to help with welding and axles. Any additional resources my fellow Atlantans could share would be much appreciated!

What kind of welding do you need? It may be that a welder/fabricator can do the repairs for you. I've noticed many horse trailers have axles similar to Airstreams. If the welding is related to the axle mounts/brackets it might be useful to look for an agricultural trailer shop. There is one in Cumming, GA that comes to mind - Country Boy Trailers perhaps there is something similar to that, closer to your home.

As far as axles go, there are two resources that I hear about frequently on Air Forums - one is Colin Hyde (unfortunately I can't recall his forum name) and the other is Andy Rogozinski known as Inland RV on the forums. Axles appear to be a do-it-yourself project if you have hand tools, jacks, jack stands, etc.

I'm willing to help you with installing axles if you have the tools, etc. I'm not much of a welder though.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 28
Mableton , Georgia
nvestysly, sorry for the slow response. The welding that I'm in need of is to sure-up the rear end of my Argosy. We have the somewhat common issue of the frame drooping due to the bathroom being in the very back. We'll probably have a few other spots to address as well.

I called Three Way Camper and they were pretty helpful. I'm considering towing the trailer up to them to take care of installing axles, as I don't really have the tools or desire to take it on myself at this time.

I really appreciate the offer of assistance! That's very kind of you. Thanks.
dwntreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #16
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
What Lucius said. I can be of limited help as well (replaced my axles a few years back, no hill for a climber). What exactly are you doing? Welders all over the place in Atlanta.

Edit: Oops, Just saw your response to Lucius. If you need something, send me a PM. Three Way is a great bunch of guys and gals. You'll be happy with their work.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1995 34' Excella
Atlanta , Georgia
Okay,
So we've used Three Way Campers in Marietta for quite a few things and they have always done very good work. However, we now actually have Southland RV in Norcross, which is a certified AS dealership and service center. Has anyone used them yet, and if so, what did you think?
Old 01-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #18
Cloudland2

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Trenton , Georgia
Southand RV in Norcross. My bro n law just took delivery on 2017 25 Serenity through these guys and got a good deal. Their ads pop up on my phone when I am on AirForums, I suppose because I am in Georgia. Plan to check out their service on my 2016 FC when there is a need. ��
davidrrand is offline   Reply With Quote