Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Short

Question Airstream numbers?

Being a new A/S owner, not even knowing how much I don't know, I was wondering about the numbers on the top front of A/S's I've seen. Mine are missing, but I can see the imprint of the number and can duplicate it. Is it a trailer (sequential) number, a membership or club registry number? Should I reapply the original number, or is it related to a particular owner? If I decide to replace, where do I get them, are they painted on, or some type of vinyl lettering? Thanks!

John-Boy
1975 Sovereign

1975 31' Sovereign
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 'Laramie', HEMI
krowsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:34 AM   #2
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
They are numbers issued by WBCCI, an Airstream owners organization. Check this thread for more info:
http://www.airforums.com/forum...=wbcci+numbers

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by krowsea
Being a new A/S owner, not even knowing how much I don't know, I was wondering about the numbers on the top front of A/S's I've seen. Mine are missing, but I can see the imprint of the number and can duplicate it. Is it a trailer (sequential) number, a membership or club registry number? Should I reapply the original number, or is it related to a particular owner? If I decide to replace, where do I get them, are they painted on, or some type of vinyl lettering? Thanks!

John-Boy
1975 Sovereign
Hello John,

We too recently went through your current learning curve with numbers. They are identification for members of the WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International). If you decide to join, we did, you can call WBCCI at this number to 937-596-5211 to find out if your trailer's numbers are currently assigned. You can ask them to hold them for you, and when you join WBCCI will send you a new set of numbers. http://www.wbcci.org/

The check has been cashed, we're just waiting for the numbers.

Obviously, we can't speak for the club. We really aren't able to take long weeks for Caravans or rallys at this stage of our lives, so our focus will be weekend excursions.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignrwe
Hello John,

We too recently went through your current learning curve with numbers. They are identification for members of the WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International). If you decide to join, we did, you can call WBCCI at this number to 937-596-5211 to find out if your trailer's numbers are currently assigned. You can ask them to hold them for you, and when you join WBCCI will send you a new set of numbers. http://www.wbcci.org/

The check has been cashed, we're just waiting for the numbers.

Obviously, we can't speak for the club. We really aren't able to take long weeks for Caravans or rallys at this stage of our lives, so our focus will be weekend excursions.
Get involved in your local chapter outings or regional rally's. You'll be surprised how quickly you make excursion buddy's.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:09 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

We recently joined the Wally Byam club and asked for the original numbers. They were able to give them to us. We recieved our new numbers but have not taken the old ones off yet. So far, we have not been able to take our trailer on the road. My husband is still working on the plumbing, and mechanical stuff. But we do plan to make one of the weekend excursions sometime in the near future. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krowsea

John-Boy
1975 Sovereign
tinsltootsie is offline   Reply With Quote