Well we are off to a slow start. Let's try this again, I think we may need to put a little Air in the sails. Let's go backward in time the year was 2005...
the 2005 favorite post of the year.... peoples choice awards!!
as we wind down 2005, chill the bubbly stuff and stock up on black eyed peas........how about a new thread!
i searched the archives for any previous threads on this topic and found none.....
so, i'd like to suggest we all offer up our
<<<<<<<<<<<<favorite post or thread for 2005>>>>>>>>>>>>
suggested rules for fair play in this sandbox........
1. if a 'favorite post' it must be dated 2005....duh.
2. if a 'favorite thread' it need not have started in 05 but the majority of replys/post should be from 2005.
3. having trouble offering just one? ok, how about we are each allowed....2. these can be 2 posts, 2 threads, or 1 of each.
4. provide a link or "quote" and briefly tell us 'why' you like this post/thread so much.
5. the favorite post shouldn't be your own.
6. a favorite thread might include some posts of your own.
7. avoid the temptation to include the worst/least favorites in this thread......
put them in any of the wbcci threads
.....just not here.
8. these are the only rules.....since my edit feature expires.......now.
now........ how to select a 'favorite'......
-maybe some post/thread was really helpful for you.
-perhaps some post or thread influenced a buying decision.
-did you learn lots from a specific post/thread?
-by chance did you meet someone interesting/special as a result of a p/t?
-was some significant part/item for your airstream found as a result of a p/t?
-get you have a great time or big belly laugh from reading some specific p/t?
-have you attended some great rally as a result of a specific p/t?
-did some post include a picture that left you.......speechless?
-did someones post/thread save you a load of cash?
having trouble remembering your favorite?
-check the feedback you have left for others, or received,
-check your tracked threads or
-messages exchanged on the forums
-check your buddy list
there are many other reasons for selecting and offering up your favorite post or thread......ITS YOUR CHOICE......and please share them with us.
i've intentionally not used the word 'best' and suggest we think in terms of favorite, keep it fun, avoid attacking other folks' favorite and so on....
but its ok to say "oh yea, i really liked that one too"
maybe this thread can stay active for the next week, as we approach 2006.
i'm really interested in reading what threads folks really liked and why....aren't you?
also i wonder if the moderators have/can compile data on which posts or threads recieved the most karma/feedback for the year.............
it'd be neat if one of the mods could give us this tidbit of fun info.......just as the year ends......
like maybe the top 10 karmatic threads/posts for the year!!!!!!
so now, back to THIS THREAD.......
"my favorite post / thread for 2005 is..........................................."
the 2005 favorite post of the year- peoples choice award