Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
2021 Atlas Disaster

So those of you that maybe have read my post on the driver side suspension airbag explosion on my pre acceptance delivery walkthrough. I have an update! On June 12th I went to pick up my 2021 Atlas motorhome at Los Angeles airstream. During the walkthrough inspection and basically showing me everything works the usual. I'm used to that because this is my fourth airstream I've spent over half a million dollars on airstreams at this dealership over the years in fact I've owned three prior this and is my fourth. So during the walkthrough they did the slide out it popped out walked around talked about a little bit went outside and saw that he'd dragged across the curb and the bottom doors were all scratched in fact the paint was shaved off quite a bit in my opinion. So we moved into the motorhome again and we went through the airbags suspension and how to raise and lower them and then the process raised the airbags and an attempt to retract the slide out without damaging it further. Well they suspension airbags for filling it raised enough to retract the slide so we went inside and as we retracted the slide and got about a foot in The driver side airbag exploded. Either from being a defect from the factory or overfilling which is questionable because there should be a pressure relief valve like my 1976 GMC motorhome used to have. In any event they called the factory right away told me they would fix those bins right up and the parts were on the way that very day. Since then I've been told the parts are on the way that they had another 2021 have another airbag failure on the right hand side and that they were on frequent calls with Ohio and the Netherlands for the airbags were manufactured discussing the repair. then I was told that the parts were being mailed and they've done so much stuff to make sure this would never happen to another coach but on my five or six visits the van sits basically with nobody working on it. Today I didn't receive a call from anybody like I had been in the past usually at the end of the day mostly at my request and continued harassment on the status of my coach. Turns out they still don't have the parts and they haven't fixed the bins there are factory body shop for airstreams and they should have already fixed that since they've been sitting on it since the 12th. At this point I've never been so disappointed in airstream and if in fact airstream customer service in Ohio really cares they've never bothered to talk to me. I waited an hour and 15 minutes on hold being the number one caller on hold the very next step and never talk to anybody. I made my post on this website about how the airbag was very disappointing as well as the service related to it and a day later I received a a suggestion to reach out to customer service which I did. But after waiting on hold for an hour and 15 minutes being number one caller I figured they just weren't answering the phone. Today I got a survey about how good my service was on my my call to customer service that was only about 7 days after I called. And I gave airstream the worst rating I've ever given a single company in my life. All I can say is I'm very disappointed I've traded in my 2015 Grand tour just to have it sitting out front for sale well I have yet to drive the Atlas I bought. I think airstream's customer service and attention to a national transportation highway safety bord defect has been inept. Did you imagine the airbag on the rear suspension failing while you're driving down the road at 70 mph. That didn't worry me prior to knowing that they have no interest in repairing it. I feel feel terribly sorry for the person that bought the 2021 Atlas whose airstream had the passenger side suspension airbag fail after delivery and it's sitting at a Mercedes-Benz dealership unworked on and it happened to occur on the very same day as my airbag failure. A search of this website can find no suspension airbag failures on the Atlas or interstates other than the ones that occurred because of a tire blowout the damage the airbag. All I could say is I'm very disappointed frankly I'm posting this mostly because I'm hoping airstream will reach out to me but I doubt it. The largest RV manufacturer in the country can't even get a part to dealership that sold me a vehicle two weeks ago before I even drove it off the lot. Could you imagine what would happen if you broke down in the middle of nowhere? I think I'm going to cancel this deal Time to buy a vehicle from somebody that actually cares about its owners. Signed terribly disappointed four-time airstream owner.
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
This seems to be spot on with Airstream currently. My guess is so many people are having issues due to their record sales that they are being overrun with calls.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Unhappy

Sorry for your troubles.

Cancel and move on IMO.

Life is short!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:57 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmiri View Post
So those of you that maybe have read my post on the driver side suspension airbag explosion on my pre acceptance delivery walkthrough. I have an update! On June 12th I went to pick up my 2021 Atlas motorhome at Los Angeles airstream. During the walkthrough inspection and basically showing me everything works the usual. I'm used to that because this is my fourth airstream I've spent over half a million dollars on airstreams at this dealership over the years in fact I've owned three prior this and is my fourth. So during the walkthrough they did the slide out it popped out walked around talked about a little bit went outside and saw that he'd dragged across the curb and the bottom doors were all scratched in fact the paint was shaved off quite a bit in my opinion. So we moved into the motorhome again and we went through the airbags suspension and how to raise and lower them and then the process raised the airbags and an attempt to retract the slide out without damaging it further. Well they suspension airbags for filling it raised enough to retract the slide so we went inside and as we retracted the slide and got about a foot in The driver side airbag exploded. Either from being a defect from the factory or overfilling which is questionable because there should be a pressure relief valve like my 1976 GMC motorhome used to have. In any event they called the factory right away told me they would fix those bins right up and the parts were on the way that very day. Since then I've been told the parts are on the way that they had another 2021 have another airbag failure on the right hand side and that they were on frequent calls with Ohio and the Netherlands for the airbags were manufactured discussing the repair. then I was told that the parts were being mailed and they've done so much stuff to make sure this would never happen to another coach but on my five or six visits the van sits basically with nobody working on it. Today I didn't receive a call from anybody like I had been in the past usually at the end of the day mostly at my request and continued harassment on the status of my coach. Turns out they still don't have the parts and they haven't fixed the bins there are factory body shop for airstreams and they should have already fixed that since they've been sitting on it since the 12th. At this point I've never been so disappointed in airstream and if in fact airstream customer service in Ohio really cares they've never bothered to talk to me. I waited an hour and 15 minutes on hold being the number one caller on hold the very next step and never talk to anybody. I made my post on this website about how the airbag was very disappointing as well as the service related to it and a day later I received a a suggestion to reach out to customer service which I did. But after waiting on hold for an hour and 15 minutes being number one caller I figured they just weren't answering the phone. Today I got a survey about how good my service was on my my call to customer service that was only about 7 days after I called. And I gave airstream the worst rating I've ever given a single company in my life. All I can say is I'm very disappointed I've traded in my 2015 Grand tour just to have it sitting out front for sale well I have yet to drive the Atlas I bought. I think airstream's customer service and attention to a national transportation highway safety bord defect has been inept. Did you imagine the airbag on the rear suspension failing while you're driving down the road at 70 mph. That didn't worry me prior to knowing that they have no interest in repairing it. I feel feel terribly sorry for the person that bought the 2021 Atlas whose airstream had the passenger side suspension airbag fail after delivery and it's sitting at a Mercedes-Benz dealership unworked on and it happened to occur on the very same day as my airbag failure. A search of this website can find no suspension airbag failures on the Atlas or interstates other than the ones that occurred because of a tire blowout the damage the airbag. All I could say is I'm very disappointed frankly I'm posting this mostly because I'm hoping airstream will reach out to me but I doubt it. The largest RV manufacturer in the country can't even get a part to dealership that sold me a vehicle two weeks ago before I even drove it off the lot. Could you imagine what would happen if you broke down in the middle of nowhere? I think I'm going to cancel this deal Time to buy a vehicle from somebody that actually cares about its owners. Signed terribly disappointed four-time airstream owner.
Hi danmiri,*
We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having and would like to learn more. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can escalate to our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.*
Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmiri View Post
I think I'm going to cancel this deal Time to buy a vehicle from somebody that actually cares about its owners. Signed terribly disappointed four-time airstream owner.
I think it's time to run, not walk.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
I love it when they write this they never tell you exactly how to contact them they just say private message but to where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi danmiri,*
We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having and would like to learn more. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can escalate to our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.*
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
You just bonk on the poster’s name and you send the a Direct Message.
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
. . . actually "send a private message . . . " in the drop-down menu, after you click on a user's name.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote