Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2022, 04:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
SARASOTA , Florida
2020 Interstate 19 Sliding Door Issue

Purchased new 2020 Interstate 19. Recently encountered sliding door issue. Whenever my windows or doors are open, the automatic sliding door will not close. It cycles to the closed position, then opens. Only when I close all doors and windows will it completely close and latch. I have reached out to Mercedes and the dealership believes it’s the latch that is faulty. To remedy this they need to remove the door panel, to do this they need to remove some cabinetry (sink & fuse panel). I hesitate to do all this based on a “hunch” that it is a faulty latch that neess replacing. Has anyone else experienced this? And is there a program update for any of this?
Ron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:20 PM   #2

2022 Interstate 19
Santa Monica , California
Had this happen with an AI19 with less than 1,000 miles on it. Also could not bring the awning in. We had been parked at a forest service campground for a day and had used the door a lot. The solution for us was to start the engine and use the close door button on the console. The sliding door closed and stayed closed and the awning retracted. I had occasion to visit the dealer at 1,200 miles. I asked if there was a fault code tripped. There was no fault code tripped. The dealer could not replicate the issue. That’s where my story ends. And a footnote- the reason we were at the Mercedes’ dealer was because the seat controls on the drivers side fell into the door. Fixed for free.
Billy52 is offline   Reply With Quote