Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Bumpers & Bumper Storage
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
REAR TAIL LIGHTS: Larger to fit Rear End Size

Airstream Jackson Center should have run out of these small Tail Lights a long time ago.

The tail lights are too small for the large rear end of an Airstream. Like a Polka Dot Dress. I said like, not any more or any less. It makes objects appear smaller or larger if you are looking.

Tail lights in vehicles have been getting larger and nicer as the prices go up. Why not on Airstream Trailers. The extra weight is not an issue, either. You replace the smaller one with one twice the size and only added half the weight, at most.

People are 'blinded' by the aluminum with Full Sun. If you stop, even the red light at the intersection is BIGGER. The tail lights on mini cars are larger. For good reason. People SEE THEM when THEY STOP when the tail lights light up. Driver's see the aluminum glare day and night and the Tail Lights appear to be a pair of bicycles in the middle of the Highway... sort of, but great for exaggeration purposes.

Update the Tail Lights. Maybe the side lights. Airstream made a huge improvement with LED's in the Interior.

I WANT LARGER REAR END TAIL LIGHTS. I can give up the Airstream floor mat that come with the trailer. They are too stiff and slippery. Law Suit potential for someone who exits head first due to the slippery floor mat. I will give you my floor map to UPSIZE my tail lights.

Anyone else wanting a Polka Dot Dress or BIG TAIL LIGHTS? Either, or... Look at my examples. What do you see? A window? Aluminum? YES. No tail lights the size of a dried out Grapefruit will do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0360.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	397432   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1797.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	397433  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5223.jpg