Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 29' Sovereign
Winter Park , Florida
Dent in water tank galvanized pan

I've just discovered a dent in the galvanized pan that supports the water tank on my 1990 excella. It looks like someone tried to jack up the trailer and missed the frame rail. The pan is pushed in about an inch and a half and the deformation extends about a foot and half toward the center of the tank.%20[/IMG]

The pan is not split anywhere just bent. Should I be concerned about this?
safariuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1985 29' Sovereign
Winter Park , Florida
OK, my first thought is to drop this thing, bang out the dent and reattach. But that Looks like a very big deal. Is there a layer of insulation between the Galvanized pan and the tank? If so, can one expect that would keep the pan from wearing a hole in the tank? Is the pan what holds the tank in place? I removed the tank on my 73 Safari when I bought it in 1999 and that involved sliding a thick plywood panel out of the way. I really don't want to go through something like that again if I don't have to.
I searched this site and found a reference to installing water bed heaters (freeze protection) but no pictures of what is there. If anybody had hac one of these things off, I'd appreciate some input.
safariuser is offline   Reply With Quote