Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Cumming , Georgia
1975 Argosy 20 Rear "banana wrap"-Plastic

I have acquired a 1975 Argosy 20 and am beginning some work on her..

First thing i want to do is upgrade the wheel to 17" dually's and I'm also needing to repair /replace the rear banana wrap on the door side/curb side, I cant seem to locate this part anywhere. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rofkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofkrynn View Post
I have acquired a 1975 Argosy 20 and am beginning some work on her..

First thing i want to do is upgrade the wheel to 17" dually's and I'm also needing to repair /replace the rear banana wrap on the door side/curb side, I cant seem to locate this part anywhere. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You mention dually's so I assume you are talking about a motorhome?

Unfortunately you are just about to find out, the parts availability for older trailers is not great but for motorhomes is non-existent.

For wheels, most folks go down to 16" rather than up to 17" wheels, basically because LT225/75R16 are about the bigeest tire that fits within the wheel well (I tried some LT235/85R16 and they touch the floor to the rear).

You really have no chance of getting at replacement banana wrap, take a look at what Ernie had to do to repair Peanuts wraps (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f310...on-148273.html) - that or make our own from scratch (as Steve - Keyair is doing for his Classic) is your only option.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote