Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollster View Post
Actually, Liquid Glass is the brand name. If you Google it, you can find it on Amazon for $19 for a 16 ounce can. We've used it for many years on our vehicles.
Thks, will try
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #22
LFC
4 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Memphis , Tennessee
Walbernized my 25 footer the other day it took about 2 hours....easy on and easy off.

I still need to do the white part of my roof....I'm thinking of applying it with a paint roller and rubbing it off with a micro fiber window cleaner screwed on the same 6 ft painting pole.

Any suggestions ?
LFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
For you guys who like corrosionX the company that makes that product also makes a polymer coating called RejeX. RejeX goes on easy comes off easy and has a great shine. Also will make the plastic rock guards look like new.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #24

1987 29' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
We removed the clear coat from our 1987 Soverign and started polishing today. After its all polished can we use the Walbernize product or something else? We don't plan on putting clear coat back on..thanks
Love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2travel View Post
We removed the clear coat from our 1987 Soverign and started polishing today. After its all polished can we use the Walbernize product or something else? We don't plan on putting clear coat back on..thanks
If you decide to look into clear coat again, Let me suggest you at least call and talk to the Nyalic product people. Google, NYALIC. I'm beginning to sound like a salesman for them, and I don't mean to. But, I'm using to to cover where fixing filiform corrosion and really like the stuff. Have previously used it on bare aluminum in the marine saltwater environment and the clear coat is bullet proof. It's a polymer, not a lacquer or acrylic, so it will not break down with UV and age. (It takes several months for the product to completely cure out) There are 2 Airstreams in Australia that have been completely restored using it and the company will talk to you about the results. Guess recoating depends on your trailer size. Constant skin maintenance on a Bambi is one thing, a 30 is something else.
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #26
Sam and her wheelman Zeke

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Northern , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Otter View Post
I've used both, and will stick with Robert's suggestion. The Griot's just seem to "glow" better when done and holds up longer than Walbernize. I've gone to using Griot's Paint Sealer on my truck and cars, too!
I'm a newby and have no point of reference for a benchmark but, I research everything until I kill it.

I just purchased a 6 inch polisher, liquid compound, and one step products from Griot's.

I cannot believe what the liquid complete compound did to my medium scratches on the side of the trailer. I will not have to take it to a pro. Even the rivets took on an entirely new look. And I haven't even applied the one-step yet.

This video helped me tremendously because it explains each TYPE of chemical, which is best, AND which lasts longer. TYPE of chemical, not brand of chemical.

Even if you don't go with Griot's Garage, you will be able to decide what TYPE you will appreciate the most.

2018 RAM Limited 2500 Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab and RAM boxes
upnorththree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Rockton , Illinois
Walbernize ?

I'm picking up my 1st AS Friday [emoji106] She's really dirty on the outside. If I hit it with Dawn soap and get all the grime off , what should I do after that? Waubernize? Thanks in advance
JB
jbknowso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #28
Sam and her wheelman Zeke

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Northern , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbknowso View Post
I'm picking up my 1st AS Friday [emoji106] She's really dirty on the outside. If I hit it with Dawn soap and get all the grime off , what should I do after that? Waubernize? Thanks in advance
JB
Not knowing your end-game, I would not recommend anything as strong as dish detergent to remove dirt.

I'm using Griot's Garage products and buffer at present. Really liking it.

Richard

2018 RAM Limited 2500 Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab and RAM boxes
upnorththree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Rockton , Illinois
Nyalic

I plan on using this Nyalic clear coat.
However, I have a really dirty exterior. I'm going to wash it with Dawn soap 1st and I'm sure a 2nd time. For stubborn spots, can I use a citrus acid or equivalent to get a consistent look before I clear coat it? I'll probably polish it 1st before the clear coat.
Thanks for any and all advice.
JB

QUOTE=Howard L.;1350137]If you decide to look into clear coat again, Let me suggest you at least call and talk to the Nyalic product people. Google, NYALIC. I'm beginning to sound like a salesman for them, and I don't mean to. But, I'm using to to cover where fixing filiform corrosion and really like the stuff. Have previously used it on bare aluminum in the marine saltwater environment and the clear coat is bullet proof. It's a polymer, not a lacquer or acrylic, so it will not break down with UV and age. (It takes several months for the product to completely cure out) There are 2 Airstreams in Australia that have been completely restored using it and the company will talk to you about the results. Guess recoating depends on your trailer size. Constant skin maintenance on a Bambi is one thing, a 30 is something else.[/QUOTE]
jbknowso is offline   Reply With Quote