Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
kent , Washington
Revisiting Filiform Corrosion

I'm getting ready to tackle a filiform corrosion problem on my '01 Bambi. I've scanned the older threads and decided on a plan of action....

I've acquired the required stuff: Sandpaper, Corrosion X, Rustoleom and Nyalic as described in post #26 on this thread...

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f47...r-77950-2.html

My only real concern is with the Rustoleum. It seems once I go down that path there is no turning back.

If anybody has tried this, what is the long-term result? Does anyone know of a better solution, short of replacing a panel? The problem areas are not large, but they are definitely noticeable if I leave it as is.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
stunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
Hey there @Stunami. I see that you got no replies to your question. I live NW of you a bit and have some filiform issues on my '05. What did you end up doing?
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote

« Filoform questions | Top | - »