Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Franklin , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat View Post
The shipping on the Bus Kote stuff is a bummer...doubles the price! Wish they had a distributor in my area (Central Oregon).

By the way do Bus Kote people prime or do anything (beyond cleaning) for prep?

I also attended international meet. I installed new dometic 1800 btu ac unit 30’ 1993 camped in vintage area and had 30 amp power in heat of day 100 outside inside 80 unit not cycling
After returning home I coated roof with Bus-Kote. Have spent winter in SW Florida and ac unit has been able to maintain 70 deg on hottest day’s. Also I have had a leak in rear window frame that has disappeared.
Honestly this is not a quick application I followed instructions and did power washed, light sanded, primed, 2 coats Bus Kote and fished with 2 coats of sealer.
Very easy to clean and surface looks great a little textured, not smooth.
Would definitely recommend
Ditter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditter View Post
I also attended international meet. I installed new dometic 1800 btu ac unit 30’ 1993 camped in vintage area and had 30 amp power in heat of day 100 outside inside 80 unit not cycling
After returning home I coated roof with Bus-Kote. Have spent winter in SW Florida and ac unit has been able to maintain 70 deg on hottest day’s. Also I have had a leak in rear window frame that has disappeared.
Honestly this is not a quick application I followed instructions and did power washed, light sanded, primed, 2 coats Bus Kote and fished with 2 coats of sealer.

Do you get any streaking or chaulking? Mine AS is polished and used a previous brand that broke down after 2yrs.
0557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1988 34' Limited
Mobile , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditter View Post
We're putting buskote on our 88' 34' right now. Just finished with two coats of primer. I'll be starting the first coat of buskote tomorrow. One question I have, is what are you using as a lap sealant for vent fans, fridge vent, bathroom vent and antenna? I was initially thinking dicor, but on their website it says "Compatible with EPDM, TPO and PVC membranes, it adheres firmly to aluminum, mortar, wood, vinyl, galvanized metal, fiberglass and concrete.". Curious what everyone else is using and how it's held up.
88Limited is offline   Reply With Quote