Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkBGone View Post
Embarrassing to say but I never heard the term filoform before. What causes or best way to prevent?
Use "filiform" in the search field of the forum and you will find lots of information (I just got 788 results from such a search). The first "o" in "filoform" is incorrect.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #22
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
The last sentence of this description is what we are talking about here.

Your AS has MANY points of possible compromise.

Bob
🇺🇸

Love for the Adirondacks

Instead of going to ’Starbucks…I make my own Coffee at home, yell out my name rong, then light a five dollar bill on fire.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:35 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Airstream clearcoat repair paint alternative?

Airstream sells proprietary spray and small brush clearcoat paint for repairs. I've seen mention of "good automotive clearcoat" in this and other threads, but nothing specific to brand or type.

I believe that the Airstream product is an acrylic paint but am not sure if there are different formulations of acrylic that would be equivalent to, preferred or inferior to the Airstream product. Don't want to create a bigger problem by using the wrong thing but also don't see the need to spend more than I have to if I can find an acceptable alternative.

Is there something special about the Airstream formulation which would compel me to use that product over an off the shelf product from an autobody supply company? If not, what would I specifically ask for at the shop? Or at the hardware store, if a common brand would do?

Query relates to a 2013 Flying Cloud which needs a spray can solution.

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
San Luis Obispo , California
Filoform questions - clearcoat

A few years ago I removed and polished the dome cover for the over the door light on my 1966 Overlander. I used Rust-oleum crystal clear enamel on it when done polishing. I just sold the trailer and the dome still looked like new and it has been outside the whole time. The biggest issue is how the finish will compare to the original finish. I would suggest trying a sample spray on a scrap piece of aluminum and see if a crystal clear or satin finish would be better. I am cleaning up the tail light bezels on my "new" trailer and intend to use the rust-oleum on them. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clear coat.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	407331  
slofoks is offline   Reply With Quote