Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Question Blue Trim Color Codes

I would like to paint the exterior blue trim panel between the blue vinyl accent strips. I am looking for paint color codes and any advice on painting aluminum. The pictures that I have found on this forum show a shading of the paint from dark to light. Any ideas?
John W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
On more than one occasion, I have heard people say they were happy with Krylon Royal Blue.

If you really want a good paint job, here is what Andy said on the topic.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Colo Spgs , Colorado
John

I too went through the "what shade is this and just where do I find it at ..." when looking at the stripes and wheel covers of our '70 trailer. I did all the cleaning and prep'ing as one would and sprayed the blue stripes using a "rattle can" of GM engine blue from the local auto store. When we took the trailer to the Colo Vintage Rally last July every one that replied to the looks of the trailer ( to us ) thought it looked good. And I never told of the source of color or that I had helped the ole stripes.

Rodger & Gabby
Rodger with a D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Thanks Rodger,
I'll give it a try.
John W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger with a D
John

I too went through the "what shade is this and just where do I find it at ..." when looking at the stripes and wheel covers of our '70 trailer. I did all the cleaning and prep'ing as one would and sprayed the blue stripes using a "rattle can" of GM engine blue from the local auto store. When we took the trailer to the Colo Vintage Rally last July every one that replied to the looks of the trailer ( to us ) thought it looked good. And I never told of the source of color or that I had helped the ole stripes.

Rodger & Gabby
John W is offline   Reply With Quote