Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Fun & Games
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Airforums Secret Santa

Greetings Friends,

As summer winds down, and the snow is on the horizon, Christmas time is just around the corner! On another forum I am a member of, the annual “Secret Santa” program has been wildly popular. Over the past several years, the program has grown greatly and has participants all around the US and internationally. I am wondering if anyone is interested in something like this on Airforums.com

The organization is simply. A volunteer collects names, profile name, and addresses via email. Occasionally, the participants are listed on a post to verify inclusion. The deadline for joining is Thanksgiving. The following weekend, everyone receives an email notifying them of their recipient and corresponding address.

Although the general guideline states gifts are to be $10, many folks get very creative with packages and personal items to make the gift special. On my other forum, gifts have ranged from handmade artwork & gift certificates to major $ items. Throughout the season a “Secret Santa Wish List” is posted and updated by participants. This usually ends up reading like something a kid would write to Santa! (Quite fun, actually. Example: “All I want is a tux…” or “27’ bellypan”)

Probably the best part is logging in on Christmas morning to read what everyone received, and to find out if your Secret Santa chooses to reveal their identify.

I’ll post this idea up to the forums. If after 7 days there is enough interest in doing this, I’ll volunteer to organize the names. If the mod’s here would rather not see this happen, please pull this thread!

Please post your thoughts! Personally, I really enjoy doing this with my other hobby. I’m relatively sure it would work well in this community as well.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Also...

If anyone has additional questions, please feel free to ask me! I'll do my best to share information.

www.campnova.com

Old 10-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
114 views, no response! I'll file this under "tabled, for lack of interest..."

Onward to more Airstream fun!

www.campnova.com

Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Dan,

I had some really good friends that lived in Lorain for a while...John and Teri Rowe...John has passed away...did you know them?

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote