Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Which rally?

Of all the different big rallies (the one with the seminars and presentations), if you could only chose one to attend which one would it be and why?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I see you have vintage trailers, so you have lots of options...it really depends on your interests and where you are located or willing to travel to.

I'd say there are three basic rally styles that I favor...and I have favorites for each style. They are a "learning experience", an "event rally" and a "vintage social rally". However, there are as many different rally styles as there are hosts, because each rally takes on the personality of it's hosts. It's really hard to limit it to just these three styles...but, here goes.

My top three in this area (one for each style - not in any order) are:

1) If a "learning experience" is what you are after the Vintage Trailer Acadamy that Ken J, 4CU et al host/sponser in NM will be very helpful as it focuses on the rebuilding skills required to restore a vintage trailer. However, if you already have a "finished" trailer or have the restoration skills mastered, this one may not suit you.

2) If you are looking for an "event rally", then I wouldn't miss the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally. The on-site parking that is arranged is great and the social activities focus on the Balloon Fiesta - so there is lots to do, but most of it is centered around the Balloon Fiesta activities.

3) If you are looking for a "vintage social rally", then I would recommend the RMVAC Rally. It's usually announced in January and is held every other year in the Rocky Mountain Area of CO. It is centered around the community of vintage trailer owners - it focuses on the uniqueness of the trailers and people that travel with them.

If you are fortunate to be retired and able to travel all summer, you could hit all three the same year!

Of course, my "favorite" rally is usually the one I've just attended.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Aluminapalooza at the Airstream factory has great seminars by AS employees and vendors such as Dexter and Zip Dee. It is in May and last for 4/5 days.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If you are interested in escaping winter a little early, there are two great events in February. Alumafiesta is held in Arizona and Alumaflamingo in Florida. Both have a great mix of seminars and fun, are held in beautiful locations, and both offer opportunities to gather with other Airstream owners.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Of all the different big rallies (the one with the seminars and presentations), if you could only chose one to attend which one would it be and why?
And, if you're just looking for great people, fun, food and conversation, Moraine View in Leroy, Il the second weekend in June is not too far a drive for you.

Hope to see you again this year.

Maggie