Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
Jonestown , Texas
New Airstream Owners greeted by old-timers

Last Friday afternoon I picked up our new joy. A 1985 Sovereign. I drove is about a hour north to Bastrop and joined a group of Airstream owners who were there for Wurstfest. I was so happy to be greeted by friendly happy campers. They helped to hook and find my way around my new trailer. We enjoyed a great meal and stayed up chatting with a really enjoyable group of people. Thanks so much. I can't wait till the next trip.
Debbie
Texas Gal 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Welcome to the forum! Glad you had a good first experience with your new rig Going to a rally is a great way to get started - lots of friendly help....

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Stafford , Virginia
Welcome...we had our first weekend in our Airstream as well. Would have been nice to have others who know our systems around! We have a long learning curve.
VioLey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Welcome to Airstreaming!

Welcome Texas Gal! You may have run across Diane Bailey at the Wurstfest. She's a Texas gal who owns four vintage Airstreams (at last count).
I hope she invited you to join the Four Corners Unit of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI). If not, allow me to be the first to extend the invitation.
Contact Terry Rich our Membership Chair for more info: TERRY@TBRICH.COM

Then, plan on joining us for the Thanksgiving Rally 27 Nov - 1 December at Lost Dutchman State Park in AZ and/or
The New Year's Rally at Picacho Peak State Park, AZ 28 Dec - 1 Jan 2014.
The Four Corners Unit is dedicated to taking Airstreams to scenic places, to meet interesting people, and to have fun. The annual Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally is one of our signature events, and we want to see you there too (of course).

Happy Trails
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
Jonestown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumaholic View Post
Welcome Texas Gal! You may have run across Diane Bailey at the Wurstfest. She's a Texas gal who owns four vintage Airstreams (at last count).
I hope she invited you to join the Four Corners Unit of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI). If not, allow me to be the first to extend the invitation.
Contact Terry Rich our Membership Chair for more info: TERRY@TBRICH.COM

Then, plan on joining us for the Thanksgiving Rally 27 Nov - 1 December at Lost Dutchman State Park in AZ and/or
The New Year's Rally at Picacho Peak State Park, AZ 28 Dec - 1 Jan 2014.
The Four Corners Unit is dedicated to taking Airstreams to scenic places, to meet interesting people, and to have fun. The annual Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally is one of our signature events, and we want to see you there too (of course).

Happy Trails
That sounds great. I don't know how soon we'll be able to venture that far. Not retired, so limited vacation. We went to Leaky this Thanksgiving and will be spending Christmas with family near New Orleans. We are hoping to attend the Blanco event. The balloon fear sounds great. We love to travel so we'll get out there at some point.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Debbie
Texas Gal 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Texas Gal... I'll add my welcome to Ken L's ... and by all means if you are interested in joining the WBCCI and the 4CU in particular, just let me know ... we have quite a few Texas folks in our unit, and there's always room for another! Great folks, good rallies, and fun times abound. Happy trails! Say "hey" to Diane B if you run into her. She's a riot.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Ttexas Gal, there are several Texas near you. I am with the Texas Hill Country Unit and live in the San Antonio area. We are having a rally this weekend in San Marcos and you are welcome to join us. Call me at 210.860.6006 for more information.
Joe
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #8

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I got the same kind of warm welcome here in the NW ten years ago, and try to extend it to other newbies whenever I have the chance. Airstreamers are pretty good people! Enjoy your new rig!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote