Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
tucson , Arizona
How do I know...?

if my neighbor AS is part of the group? So you go to a rally and there are 30 Airstreams there...and maybe only 20 are your group. Do we fly a flag or something? What's the 'sign' that you are part of the party and not some random camper who happens to be at the same park?
dvgofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York

You could go over to a neighbor, introduce yourself and engage in conversation?

Most organized rallies have a list of who is on what site.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
If he's at a campground during one of my rallies I'll end up inviting him regardless. As Peter said, at the very least we'll go introduce ourselves.
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
You do the chicken dance. Keep going, don’t stop...
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Yes, there are signs, flags, numbers, etc., that groups use to highlight their group membership. There are also group members who decline to post indications of their membership. It is personal preference.

Airforums events/rallys are not affiliated with any organized group and may, or may not, use signs taped to their trailers to indicate participation at that particular event.

If there are Airstream folks camped beside you while at any rally, why won't you greet and invite them to share in, or at least be exposed to, the camaraderie found among the group?

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:36 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 20' Flying Cloud
austin , Texas
I go over and introduce myself and ask. If they are part of my unit, I want to know them and if they're not, I'm always interested in meeting AS owners. I've only met 1 person who hated his AS and couldn't wait to sell it once his wife was finished with the interior decorating. Out of curiosity, I did ask why he didn't like the AS. Basically, he didn't like anything about it. Go figure.
ejami5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
tucson , Arizona
I should have mentioned that we always meet the neighbors anyway, cuz folks are generally interesting to meet, and we're always looking for others who play music.
dvgofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgofaz View Post
if my neighbor AS is part of the group? So you go to a rally and there are 30 Airstreams there...and maybe only 20 are your group. Do we fly a flag or something? What's the 'sign' that you are part of the party and not some random camper who happens to be at the same park?
My "group" is Palmetto State Airstream Club. We make it a practice to greet each A/S in a park when we rally. Any who are not members of our club we invite to join our rally at no cost and no pressure to join. Some do and some don't but our club has grown considerably due in part to this practice. Consider this an invitation to come to any of our rallies if you find your self in SC someday.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Ask. Airstreams are generally willing to chat with other Aristeam owners...you already have something in common. If you find they are not part of the group you are with, invite them to join you!

You should check out the Four Corners Unit (4CU) of WBCCI if you want to find a group of happy campers to enjoy! We have a full rally schedule with rallies all over the 4 Corners region. Visit our website! You can PM me with your email address and I can send additional info or answer any questions you may have.

At 4CU rallies, we ALWAYS invite non-member Airstreamers who happen to be there to come on over and enjoy themselves... Not only can they can meet some other Airstreamers .. bust most non-WBCCI folks have never had the chance to meet up with so many Airstreams at once. That alone is worth it!

Happy Trails!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick1 View Post
You do the chicken dance. Keep going, don’t stop...
Is this done sober or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-Chicken_dance_01_-_Ballard_Seafood_Fest_2007.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	334638  

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Logansport , Indiana
I have to honest here, most of my life I really didn't care for the AS trailers. We borrowed ours last year in exchange for me doing a couple of repairs to it. After seeing how much room is actually inside one compared to a lot of other makes we have looked at, I was very surprised at the room. We were offered to buy ours so we bought it last week and I got it home on Tuesday. Now waiting on MN to make up her bipolar mind as to what our weather is going to do so I can start on some minor things that I seen needed but the PO didn't know about.
I plan to replace the 43 yr old water lines with PEX, need to replace the water pump and de-winterize it. I wouldn't say I love our but I do like it or I wouldn't have bought it.
SlvrTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #12
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgofaz View Post
Just go stick out your hand... Airstreamers are pretty friendly. You could add a unit sticker to your window and an AIR forums sticker as well. Can't tell you how many times I've had someone walk up to me at a campground or rally and do the same. Here's how the conversation usually goes:

other person
: Hi - just wanted to say hello, my name is xyz and we have an AS too over in site 2. Love my airstream - yours is nice too - what year?

Me: Thanks - that's a 1964 Overlander and my name is Janet

other person: Janet? There's a Janet at AIR forums...

Me: yup - that's me.

other person: COOL! We're having drinks at 5 PM in site 2 - come on over.

New friend

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote