Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2021, 09:23 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I saw this today on the COTA website in reference to RV camping at the F1 race this year:

“Additional RV Services available for purchase during weekend, including shower passes, access to power connections, pump outs, and fill ups”

This is good news. We're camping in Lot N from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning, so the pump out service will be welcome. I'll have my generator with me and I've got solar on the roof, so the power connection isn't really a big deal.

I hope we have better weather than they had in Belgium at Spa yesterday. I felt bad for the fans who waited all weekend in the rain and mud and didn't really get to see a race.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Hi Sign Brewery just down the road

Mentioned unabashedly recommendation if your into great tasty beers? Check out Hi Sign Brewery just down the road past the Airport...nice beer Garten but great beers! (Full disxlosure..my son owns...but great beers!)
Also, 20 min drive to Lockhart to Grists or Smittys bbq...I love Grists sausage...best I have had..have fun guys...we are in Loveland tonight heading back to Austin after 4 months in Teton area.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #63

Richmond , Virginia
Does anyone know if there is an RV share program for F1 2021? I am one person interested in camping there but dont want to spend the money to buy a camping space just for myself as that would be really expensive. I was wondering if anyone knew someone who was renting out spaces in their RVs for the weekend or split costs or something!
Dbhsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
I will be over at the track on MotoGP weekend, so I will take a few photos of the camping layout and various sites. Lets hope for good weather, I have been through the extremes at that track! As I mentioned I will be Wednesday night at the track at the permanent sites along the back straight, then in line at noon on Thursday moving to lot N. Honestly if it is torrential rain though probably skip the camping and just drive in each day.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:11 PM   #65

Austin , Texas
Share RV site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbhsawyer View Post
Does anyone know if there is an RV share program for F1 2021? I am one person interested in camping there but dont want to spend the money to buy a camping space just for myself as that would be really expensive. I was wondering if anyone knew someone who was renting out spaces in their RVs for the weekend or split costs or something!
I have a sprinter van camper and am looking to share an RV spot for the weekend. I’ll happily pay for part of the spot and travel will good beers and g&ts for a friendly neighbor My wife and I live in Austin but want to camp out for the weekend instead of driving back and forth.

We just went to Monza and it was a great experience and race! Can’t wait for cota!

Let me know if anyone in here is willing to share a site!
Treatttain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:55 AM   #66
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
My son and his fiancée are joining us and putting up a tent on our site with the Airstream. We won’t have space for another camper, otherwise I’d consider it. I don’t recall the rules for Lot N camping, but I’d imagine you’ll be required to show a ticket to gain access in an RV. Are all the sites reserved? I believe that there was another member here trying to sell one recently. I saw it in another thread.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 10-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I received my Lot N parking/camping pass today. A pass is required to be on the windshield of every vehicle that enters the lot during the F1 weekend. It looks like sharing a space isn’t possible.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 10-03-2021, 01:03 AM   #68

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Interstate 24GL
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
share a camp site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatttain View Post
I have a sprinter van camper and am looking to share an RV spot for the weekend. I’ll happily pay for part of the spot and travel will good beers and g&ts for a friendly neighbor My wife and I live in Austin but want to camp out for the weekend instead of driving back and forth.

We just went to Monza and it was a great experience and race! Can’t wait for cota!

Let me know if anyone in here is willing to share a site!
I have camper spot booked in lot M. I'd be happy to share. I have never camped at a circuit before so a little nervous.
morgan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Lot N Photos COTA

This might be somewhat helpful. Some random photos I took of Lot N from Friday at MotoGP:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COTA Lot N 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	528.6 KB
ID:	405361   Click image for larger version

Name:	COTA Lot N 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	587.9 KB
ID:	405362  

Name:	COTA Lot N 3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	405363  
Old 10-03-2021, 07:21 AM   #70

Austin , Texas
Seems like you probably need a lot Pass to get into the RV lot for the weekend so sharing isn’t an option. I have a parking pass just parking, not the RV lot, and we are thinking of just boondocking since we don’t have a trailer but just a sprinter (sorry to crash the airstream forum, it big airstream fan). Anyone know if they are okay with overnight parking? I’d rather find an RV pass someone is selling because the vibe in the lot is probably pretty great all weekend given everyone has a shared interest and something to talk about.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #71
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYC2Vette View Post
This might be somewhat helpful. Some random photos I took of Lot N from Friday at MotoGP:
Thanks for posting the pics. Can you provide some information on where these pics were taken in Lot N? Where was the entry to the lot when you first arrived?

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 10-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Thanks for posting the pics. Can you provide some information on where these pics were taken in Lot N? Where was the entry to the lot when you first arrived?
In this Satellite view the photos were near the central driveway through the middle of Lot N. Elroy Rd access is off to the far right in the photo. I walked over on the perimeter road and entered that way. Supposedly if you are onsite you can drive in that way too, but if arriving Thursday then you would enter from Elroy Rd the way I understand it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COTA Lot N Sat View.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	405423  
Old 10-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #73

Austin , Texas
Morgan56 - I talked to COTA RV and they said it’s totally fine if folks share sites, and there is more than enough room at the sites in M to share. Shoot me a text at 612 916 0356 if you are still up for it and we can chat details.
-Cameron
Old 10-07-2021, 05:50 AM   #74

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Interstate 24GL
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Texted you
morgan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #75
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I finally figured out how to access my tickets online and get them into the wallet on my phone for admission. This was not an easy task. Searching in the websites for COTA, Formula 1, and Ticketmaster showed that I had no events planned. The ONLY way that I was able to find my tickets was to click the account link in the email that I received from COTA way back when I bought my tickets in April. With this link, I was able to download the tickets and also my Lot N access pass. All of these items have QR codes to be scanned at entry.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715
Old 10-07-2021, 12:19 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I finally figured out how to access my tickets online and get them into the wallet on my phone for admission. This was not an easy task. Searching in the websites for COTA, Formula 1, and Ticketmaster showed that I had no events planned. The ONLY way that I was able to find my tickets was to click the account link in the email that I received from COTA way back when I bought my tickets in April. With this link, I was able to download the tickets and also my Lot N access pass. All of these items have QR codes to be scanned at entry.
For MotoGP I saved the tickets in my wallet on my phone, but then did a screenshot of each ticket and printed it normal ticket size and stuck them in lanyard sleeves. Much quicker at the gate or any area you have special access than fooling with your phone.

Also although they seem to let folks in with backpacks even though they say no backpacks, they do a thorough search but if you have a clear case as "required" you breeze through gates much quicker.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:45 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
COTA 2021 F1 Grand Prix, Go Max!

We just got back to Denver from COTA, via Coyote campground (the BEST private facility we ever visited!) and Lake Meredith. We got Got months ago tickets on the main grandstand across the pits/starting/ending line through F1 Experiences, Velocity Lounge and dry parking at lot N. Kinda of crowded, 400,000 in attendance (blame Netflix Drive to Survive, at least for our attendance there. Yes, they have very few spaces with power hookups yet none were offered to us. Then there is Premium RV parking, but the prices are outright crazy, located by the track but unless you have a flat roof TT and you can climb there for a group to watch the race from there, IMHO it makes no sense the cost. Race will great, will do it again probably Miami. They let us run our generator (Honda 7,000 is) full time but heard that the told other people with noisy units to turn them off at about 23:00. Traffic to and from is horrendous so plan for a Thursday (earlier if allowed) arrival and Monday close to noon departure. Bring all you need as getting in and out between those dates is a nightmare. Plenty of gas to last the entire duration. Nice people all around. Texas hospitality is legendary, alive and true.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A53036EF-99BF-4353-8E8C-F7F2C75B85DC.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	452.6 KB
ID:	407121   Click image for larger version

Name:	20E02AFA-19D6-4374-BCE0-5F647F201F0D.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	687.7 KB
ID:	407122  

Name:	8C133FCA-0419-40D1-8853-B693EA8A8211.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	470.3 KB
ID:	407123   Click image for larger version

Name:	B058BFEF-1A70-4A4D-B57E-2E365EE59DEA.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	407124  

Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:33 AM   #78
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
We had a fun time too. I learned a few lessons for Lot N and for the race that I’ll remember next time. First of all, I’ll be prepared to run my generator overnight. I tried to respect the rules, and I only brought enough gasoline to run it a few hours per day. I didn’t realize people wouldn’t respect this rule. Secondly, I think I’ll buy access to the Champions Club. I did that in 2019, and it was a nice place to get relief from the crowds, have a drink and a snack, etc.

The lines for food and merchandise were crazy this year! We bought a few items like shirts and hats on Saturday morning, and the more common sizes and designs were already sold out in some cases.

The Billy Joel concert on Saturday evening was a fun event. We enjoyed that.

Past:
Newmar Ventana 3715