Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Thanks for the invitation. It sounds like Saturday would be the best day to come down, so I'll put that on the calendar. Unfortunately, scheduling doesn't permit us to spend the entire weekend there. I'm the church organist at two churches and the choir director at one of them, so getting a Sunday off is nearly impossible during the choir season. Branson is only about an hour and a half from our home, though, so we do get down there for day trips frequently.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #62

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0zke
Thanks for the invitation. It sounds like Saturday would be the best day to come down, so I'll put that on the calendar. Unfortunately, scheduling doesn't permit us to spend the entire weekend there. I'm the church organist at two churches and the choir director at one of them, so getting a Sunday off is nearly impossible during the choir season. Branson is only about an hour and a half from our home, though, so we do get down there for day trips frequently.
Great! We will see you there! Lots of different units to see there.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Are we there yet?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #64

Olathe , Kansas
The weather seems that way. It's cold at home but I'm in beautiful hot humid Houston! I looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Rivet Update: AIR Midwest Branson Rally

Wow!

I called Acorn Acres today to see how we were doing as far as numbers and we have 19 reservations! That will be a good group, but we'd like to have even more! Come and join us. This is a rockin' awesome rally and you will have fun. We're a really friendly group and we have great prizes.

We're having a barbeque cook-off contest this time. No rules - just barbeque cooked any way you want it. Anything you want to barbeque, we'll taste and vote on it. But don't get cute, I'm not tasting the possum or the grilled rattlesnake, in case any of you have any smart aleck ideas!

This rally has a welcoming comittee, so it's a good one for first time ralliers. Believe me, we'll make you feel welcome. And get in your way while you're trying to set up. Naw, we're not that bad. We just make sure to meet everyone and greet them and welcome our friends in a big Ozark Mountain way.

The Ozarks, whether it's chilly or just right, will be at their most glorious in the middle of October. Branson is busiest in October, and there are so many things to do that we always stay before and after the rally. Mr. B and I are actually arriving on the 10th and leaving the 17th, but the rally is actually October 14-16. I'll be working to get things ready, along with my friends Terry and Phyllis. And we'll be enlisting our menfolk, no doubt. (Although those ole poops already vetoed our best idea - to have a male-only beauty contest. They just wouldn't have it, so that idea is off the table! Though they WILL have to barbeque instead.)

If you haven't already made your reservations, there are a still some spaces left. It is their busiest season at the campground and in Branson, so everything will be open and going strong.

One thing: If you come in from back toward Silver Dollar City, there's a big dip right where you must turn left into the campground. We all learned from the last rally that it isn't as bad as it seems. You watch the last car go into the dip, wait until it passes, and then turn in. The other option in to come in from the other direction so it isn't necessary to turn left off Highway 76. It's out away from town enough that the traffic isn't bad unless SDC is opening or closing for the day. There's a Wal-Mart and restaurants very near, so we found that very convenient when we didn't want to go into the main part of town.

The CG has a big screened pavilion with a kitchen for our get-togethers, which is reserved for us during the entire rally. The campground told me today that we are welcome to cover the screened windows with tarps or heavy visqueen if we want and are allowed to nail it up temporarily. So, if it looks like it may be cold at night for our main dinner, we all need to bring our tarps, etc., and enclose our meeting space. There is a large grill available or we can use our own or whatever cooking device we need. There are also electrical outlets in the rec room. Bring snuggies because although we used their game room in the past, we think there will be too many of us to fit in there for dinner this time.

This campground has an underground room in case of a storm, and also has the best private shower-bathrooms we've come across anywhere.

Come join us! Those who have already made your reservations, we can't wait to see you. All of you who were there last year, we're excited about seeing you again.

We will be publishing a schedule soon.

Here's the information for reservations. There is no charge to attend this event other than the cost of your campsite. We appreciate any prizes anyone wants to bring to give away in our contests. We have some really nice prizes, and there's always a few, uh, funny prizes. We will have the barbeque cook off (for best barbeque) and some other contests. Those should prove to be hilarious.

Acorn Acres RV Park And Villas
159 Acorn Acres Lane
Lo -93.944198 Lat 36.687121
Branson, MO 65615
Toll Free: (800)338-2504
Phone: (417)338-2500
Fax: (417)338-5049

E-Mail: camp@bestbransonrvpark.com

WEB:http://www.bestbransonrvpark.com/

Some other fun links of things to do:
http://bransonontheweb.com/index.php
http://www.branson.com/

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #66

Olathe , Kansas
Wow is right! Your going to make me look bad. I think 19 trailers might be a record for the Air Midwest rally! Were going to miss the PC lounge so somebody will have to step up and plan on hosting the wine by the campfire get-together. Zell and I are excited to see what you and the ladies have planned for the rally but were going to miss the Saturday evening dinner. I have to fly out Sunday afternoon but were coming in Thursday night. Also I've got a Mens Citizen Eco Drive watch to give away and one "gag gift" for the ladies.

Your all doing a fantastic job!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We finally woke up and realized it's only a few weeks away...and made our reservations today. See you all there, lots of names I don't know. Looks like it's going to be a great party!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
We finally woke up and realized it's only a few weeks away...and made our reservations today. See you all there, lots of names I don't know. Looks like it's going to be a great party!
Sandy, James and I are going to miss you this time around. We are in charge of a Rally in Oklahoma. My sister and I still love our silver and gem stone pendents we won at two of the Branson rally. Maybe we can catch everyone in the spring. Haven't seen Dennis and Doc in a year wonder what they are doing?
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I'm so ready to see everyone I met in the spring, and the new folks who are coming.

Brad, I hate it that you and Zell are going to miss the Saturday night dinner and contests! But it's great that you are giving away a Citizen's watch again. They are really, really nice! Some lucky guy....better practice up on those barbeque skills!

Dang, this is going under the Spring Rally thread. I don't know why I keep getting it mixed up. These last three message or more belong under the fall thread. People are having to check both threads.

As for PC Lounge not being there, I sure hate that and yes, we will have to find a new "lounge" for our after-dinner bit. Or, maybe we'll just use the rec room - if it isn't too cold and if there's a place to build a big ole campfire.

Can't wait to see everyone. Remember, we may need tarps or plastic to cover the windows in the screened pavilion if it's cold! It has screened windows, which can be covered to keep out the wind.

I'm going to put this on the fall thread, too. Or, Brad, can you copy them to there, too? I didn't realize when I last posted that I was posting on the Spring Rally thread. Geez, we've had such an issue with this - probably my fault cause I don't look close enough to realize which thread I'm posting on.

Reba McEntire

Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
P.S. to Brad:
Gag gift? Ohhhhh nooooo. Knowing you, I can just imagine. I sorta' hope I don't win it cause I'm scared of what it may be!

Reba McEntire

Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Just one question. Can we do the group picture on Saturday at the barbeque? Carol, do I hear an amen???

Phyllis
69AirDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #72
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
Jay will have his gear. We can do the picture any time we choose. Everything goes through us. Hehe!!!!
Ridgebackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #73
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
Sandy, James and I are going to miss you this time around. We are in charge of a Rally in Oklahoma. My sister and I still love our silver and gem stone pendents we won at two of the Branson rally. Maybe we can catch everyone in the spring. Haven't seen Dennis and Doc in a year wonder what they are doing?
CJ,
We're still around sister, still around. Doc and I are joining an SOB group of friends at Petite Jean State Park for all of next week. I signed up Saturday for the Branson rally. I thing I was trailer #20 at the time. Don't know if Doc will make that one or not. This is shaping up to be a great rally. Sure wish you, James and sis/husband could be there--but, that's the price you pay for being one of the top dogs.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #74
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
CJ,
We're still around sister, still around. Doc and I are joining an SOB group of friends at Petite Jean State Park for all of next week. I signed up Saturday for the Branson rally. I thing I was trailer #20 at the time. Don't know if Doc will make that one or not. This is shaping up to be a great rally. Sure wish you, James and sis/husband could be there--but, that's the price you pay for being one of the top dogs.
Dennis, So glad to hear from you. My sister will be in Branson, but not with their SOB. They are going to the Ann Margret show and staying at a motel. She said if they had time they may drive by and see if they see any familiar faces. I will tell her you will be there.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #75
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
Dennis, So glad to hear from you. My sister will be in Branson, but not with their SOB. They are going to the Ann Margret show and staying at a motel. She said if they had time they may drive by and see if they see any familiar faces. I will tell her you will be there.
I believe her veteran Branson rally status would entitle her & the Mr. to a little rally chow. Sounds like we have some real cooks in this group.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
You betcha! Photo is Saturday night. That way those who want can sleep in on Sunday morning! I think that's a terrific idea and I bet Terry agrees.

Reba McEntire

Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
CJ, we'll miss you and if your sis (Janet, I think?) can come have dinner with us, you know we'd love it. I hate you're missing this one. It's going to be grrrrreat, I think.

Yes, we are up to 20 trailers. I'm sending a trial schedule the illustrious co-hosts tonight, I hope, so we will publish it as soon as the others get me straightened out.

Don't worry about the weather! There is firewood all over the place - we sneaked it out of the woods because there's so much down. I think all the sites we are using have fire pits and building a big ole fire is half the fun. We do need everyone who can to bring a tarp or heavy plastic (Ray has stapler, will travel) so we can close the windows if we need to during dinner. Food tastes so good when it's a crisp fall evening. So, I'm hoping for "crisp" and dry and not a deluge like we had in the spring. However, that deluge didn't seem to dim our spirits much.

The open house will have a ballot box at the end to vote on best presentation and I have a prize for the winner! Can't wait to see everyone and everyone's rig.

We could still squeeze in another trailer or two, I bet. I think we've used all our spaces - but the campground wasn't full yet the last time I called. I don't know about the discount on late registrations. But, the more, the merrier.

Quite a few people are coming early, so if you can, and want to, we can start having fun anytime we want. Actually, Ray and and I are setting up camp on Monday! Never too much time in the Ozarks, and never enough time in Branson to eat everywhere I want to, shop, etc. But, I don't get much of that done because I never seem to want to leave my campsite.

Jeez, guys, I can already smell that barbeque wafting through the woods!

Reba McEntire

Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh yeah....Terry & Jay's place is the substitute PC Lounge for this rally! It's right in the middle of everything and has space for hanging out. Esmerelda to old Excella will be docked close to them, so we can spread out if we want!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #79

Olathe , Kansas
Were getting excited for the rally!! I can't wait to see everyone and see all the new trailers as well! This will be the last trip for the Bambi except the trip to OKC to get the hail damage repaired. No more beauty marks or dimples for the Bambi! That way at the Spring Rally she will look like a new AS. were leaving right after the open house so I expect lots of pictures and posts from Saturday evenings BBQ contest. See you all Thursday!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
I just had a really good thought!!!! I can bring my metal tools and my water heater............and watch someone cut a hole in the side of my cloud! There would be a prize for it too! How do I add that contest to the itinerary?

Tags
air, branson, fall, midwest, ozarks