Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Weather here in ne Ohio is rain, followed by more rain. It is pouring today. Temperatures are in the 50s. They say more for tomorrow but possible snow showers. It can't make up its mind.
We are supposed to be getting ready to go to the season opener campout for us. The TAC rally is on in Wooster, OH. Wish some of you all were coming this way. We are hoping that the weather warms up a little for this weekend's events. We will be at a fairground campground in the midst of Amish country. Come and join us!

Meanwhile, we are trying to clean and get ready to roll....and trying to decide if we can de-winterize! Arrrrrrrrgh!

You guys aren't going to D&B? We are! Camping two weekends in a row rocks. They are calling me 4-day at work because every week in April is a 4 day week due to camping / travel. I'm taking Friday before D&B off and we're heading out after work on Thurs. We will overnight at Jungle Jims in Cinci, do some shopping in the AM, then then proceed the couple hours more to D&B. I forget what site we're on, but I'm sure they'll tell me when I check in.

We de-winterized last weekend while camping in the front yard. I've since drained everything and we'll run the elec. heater overnight on Tue. but after that there isn't predicted to be any below-freezing temps overnight. Camping season is upon us!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #82
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Got to check out things after the storms moved thru. The Tin Inn came through fine, the house blocked the initial >70mph straight line winds. We lost about 1/4 of our roof shingles, some shutters, and some aluminum trim. The wind was powerful enough to drive the rain around the seals of our front windows. Ah, it must be springtime in Tn. Was glad to be in the house though, would have been interesting sitting through this one in the Tin Inn. Hope everyone else with bad weather made out better, or at least as well.
GreggH
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #83
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggH View Post
Got to check out things after the storms moved thru. The Tin Inn came through fine, the house blocked the initial >70mph straight line winds. We lost about 1/4 of our roof shingles, some shutters, and some aluminum trim. The wind was powerful enough to drive the rain around the seals of our front windows. Ah, it must be springtime in Tn. Was glad to be in the house though, would have been interesting sitting through this one in the Tin Inn. Hope everyone else with bad weather made out better, or at least as well.
GreggH
Glad to hear that you are still in TN and not Kansas and you are safe!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #84

Richmond , Kentucky
I joined the Airstream fourm 4/4/11 to learn about camping. I am going to try and make this Fort Boonesborough event.
313DCW522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Welcome!

Trust me, you will have a GREAT time! Save room for dessert!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #86
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313DCW522 View Post
I joined the Airstream fourm 4/4/11 to learn about camping. I am going to try and make this Fort Boonesborough event.
Welcome. Rallies are a great way to meet new people and we're hoping to see you there.
Gregg & Cyndi
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #87
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Dutch Oven

Looks as there will be a Dutch Oven Meal Friday evening, location TBD, I will study the recipe book ,,,, so many decisions,,,,,
Old 04-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
How about dutch oven peach cobbler!!
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #89
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
my gosh that sounds really good !!! I am going to try some kicked up chicken and rice, this will be my first at Dutch Oven cooking,
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #90
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
You guys are making me hungry. I'll have to check out the recipe book. We may have to just do a warm up, it may be after dinner when we arrive.
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #91
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hope you all have a really good weekend. I couldn't make it this year because my new tow vehicle is still not here. Your discussion is making me hungry. Maybe I'll get my ovens out here at home and pretend that I am there with you. Lol
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #92
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Airstreamers Kicked Out of Campground

We always try to keep the dog from barking and are very conscientious about recycling the wine boxes but this morning we were advised that if the government shuts down this evening we will have to vacate our campsite at the National Park we are currently staying in within 48 hours. Just another adventure of life in the Airstream. Looking forward to meeting everyone at Ft. Boonesboro next week.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Sorry fltlevel510. Simply Pathetic.......
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #94
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
re posting the Rally schedule

Schedule of events subject to change!!!!!!!

Thursday April 14: Those who arrive early enough, a nice place to eat,Halls on the River is about 2 miles from the CG,Seafood is their special, steak and burgers are a favorite, they also have a mean Kentucky Hot Brown !!!! kids meals also,

There is a local restaurant under the Boonesboro Bridge that hosts the Thursday Night Riders, Bike riders come from all around for a evening out, its right on the river, cool place to check out the Motorcycles,

Campfire and cocktails afterwards at the Campground.

Friday April 15: Community coffee, There is a nice Car Show this weekend, something for everyone, Should be a lot of people from the show in the Campground area, Spend the day exploring the area on your own, or at the Show. The playground is a nice one and dont forget the bicycles for the kids,lots of room to ride,

Last year we had a Dutch oven supper on Friday night around 5:30pm, The food was awesome, I am voting for this !!!

cocktails and campfires after supper.

Saturday April 16: Community coffee again.

GreggH has offered the Pancake Breakfast again, it was a real welcome last year !!

Open house for all interested owners from 1:00 - 4:00.

Community potluck dinner at 5:30pm.

Another evening of tales around the campfire.

Sunday April 17: Morning Coffee and prepare for the ride home,
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #95
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Thanks scf31. Can't wait. We will be arriving sometime Thursday evening. See everyone there.
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #96
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
After just finishing the TAC rally with some electrical issues, we will be at D&B with a completely revamped 12V control system. Hopefully now the battery will charge and give back, too!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #97
Hillbilly Hagrid

1973 29' Ambassador
Stanford , Kentucky
I'm hoping for mild temperatures as my 38 year old A/C has started giving me issues that I will not see fixed before the Rally....
Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #98
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
On The Way To Kentucky

Well, we were't kicked out of the National Park Campground. However, we did leave Gulf Island Sunday and are now staying at the Mystic Springs Cove Airstream park in Mystic Springs,Fl. This is a beautiful park owned by one of the Florida WBCCI units and we have met up with the park host who are native Kentuckians. Well as you can imagine we have been sitting around telling lies about our travels all evening. We should be in Mt. Vernon, Ky tomorrow and Ft. Boonesboro Thursday. Looking forward to a great rally.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Enough already!

After another round of bad weather today we figure we earned some extra relaxing time so we're arriving on Wed. We have to replace our home's roof from last Mon's storms (the second in 5 years by the way from hail/wind during storms). Today wasn't too bad but after doing taxes, dealing with insurance, contacting roofing contractors and watching the weather to see if we were going to dodge a bullet, we figure we earned an extra day away. Anyone else be there Wed? Hope everone else is good to go! Safe travels to all.
GreggH
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
The weathers says a little cooler this weekend with a slight chance of rain. Cool isn't so bad but we could really do without the rain. There is a pavilion across the field but it is a distance from the campsites. We will hope the rain moves out quickly.

Tags
air, rally, richmond ky