Hello to all you Canopenians! We’ve all had a bit of a snooze time regarding the fast approaching Canopener 2018, but this is your WAKE UP CALL!
A quick recap of events thus far: 1) Canopener 2018 “official” dates are January 4-8
, if you currently have a reservation at Topsail OR any campground in the area then PLEASE ensure you have RSVPeed
on this thread (RSVP
link on page 1). You must be the ones to RSVP for yourself, just mentioning your attending on this thread does not an RSVP make
If you don’t RSVP
then you won’t get any cool and fun stuff, because who doesn’t want stuff?
3) The best, most awesome maps
Ever are up to date thanks to thee best, most awesome map maker Ever – Florida 55(thanks Chuck!
4) Lastly and sadly, Topsail has shut down campsites 1-21
throughout the entire winter of 2018. For those affected by this move I am sincerely sorry for this major inconvenience. But remember, the “silly season” of cancellations will soon be upon us, so there is still hope! Begin to pay very close attention to this thread and be prepared to act Very Quickly when a site opens up. Regarding cancellations:
for those who will unfortunately have to cancel, PLEASE post a notice on this thread FIRST and allow one of your fellow Canopenians first shot at the site with RA.
The first very brief schedule of events (always, always remember that the Canopener schedule is like the Pirate Code……..it’s more of a guideline
– music nite. Which means I’m officially calling on all you fabulous and talented musicians to pull together your sounds and voices and take the stage on Thursday evening. (Helloooooo you Not Ready For Primtime Airstream Band from 2017!)
– Annual Cornhole Tournament, Chili Feed and……………………….. wait for it………….. the return of the always popular and much loved Maragaritaville Friday, whoop whoop.
– Breakfast with the ranger, Hike with the ranger, Airstream open house/trailer, and………. Yup, that’s right……………….. the return of Bloody Saturday!
– Coffee Bar (a new favorite!) and goodbyes.
And now a word from our sponsor…….
has once again graciously offered to supply all attendees (those who have rsvpeed that is)
with some parting gifts – we Love those guys!
Stay tuned for more………….