Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #381
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Sumter , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foil-warped View Post
Anything by Bruno Mars or FloRida. Well you asked. Don't know the key. Some of us would like some dance music.
OK Foil-warped, we’ll work on Bruno Mars if you can tell me what the heck he’s singing in his Google Chromebook commercial. I mean really, what the frack, Bruno?
Stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:53 AM   #382
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Space Coast area , Florida
We will bring our boards for the greatest tournament ever.
Chief Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #383
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
FL Panhandle , Florida
Dance music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewball View Post
OK Foil-warped, we’ll work on Bruno Mars if you can tell me what the heck he’s singing in his Google Chromebook commercial. I mean really, what the frack, Bruno?
Unless I'm missing the latest commercial, I think you are referring to "Work It Out" by Karizma ??? Not sure what Bruno had to do with that, maybe he produced it. But it does make you want get up and move
Old 12-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #384
owensLander

1966 26' Overlander
1958 18' "Footer"
1963 16' Bambi
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Flu

The flu (bad kind) is running thru the whole family. I will cancel Site 82 in the morning around 10:00. See you next year.
1963 Bambi
owenslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #385
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Sumter , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foil-warped View Post
Unless I'm missing the latest commercial, I think you are referring to "Work It Out" by Karizma ??? Not sure what Bruno had to do with that, maybe he produced it. But it does make you want get up and move
That's the video. Thought it was Bruno because Bruno and his crew appear to be singing it in one of the short clips shown on the laptop in the commercial. I finally found there lyrics - two lines make up the whole song . . . (but it does make you move!)

"What you got a light bill due
(Work it out)
And you got a gas bill too"

Sheesh!
Stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #386
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2018 Map Update 12/24/2017

Only a few days until the silver begins decorating Topsail Hill Preserve for Canopener 2018. There have been quite a few reservations changes over the past 30 days. I've tried to incorporate them all in the map updates below but I'm sure I've made a few mistakes. Please review the maps, particularly your own listing, and let me know by PM if revisions are needed. I'm going to try to do one more update before the rally begins.

This year there will be no maps handed out when you arrive. If you need a copy of the map, plan to make a copy and take it with you.

If you are coming and haven't yet signed up for the rally (a reservation for a site doesn't sign you up for the rally) please go to the RSVP page (link below) scroll to the bottom of the page and indicate you are going by clicking the "yes" button. In the box to the right give your site number, the first names of the people in your group, and the date you plan to arrive. If you have to cancel your reservation, please go to the RSVP page, scroll to the bottom, indicate you are not coming by checking the "no" button.

Canopener 2018 RSVP Page (Rally Reservations)

Canopener 2018 Map Sites 1-99

Canopener 2018 Map Sites 100-168
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:55 AM   #387
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It must be getting close to Canopener once again. The silly season is in full swing. People are getting ill, vehicles are going into shops for repairs and other life problems are preventing them from attending. Last night my home hot water heater developed a major leak out the bottom. Got the water to the tank shut off and sopping up water from a soaked carpet today. With CHRISTMASS closures there is nothing I can do about the tank until Tuesday. No worries, I have a fully functional prepped Airstream sitting in my drive way including plenty of hot water. Topsail here I come arriving the 3rd.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #388
Deb N Jon

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Waterloo , Ontario
Newbie looking for nearby groceries, bakery, restaurants, etc

I don't have a lot of time to stock my cupboard before we leave this snow in Canada....Could experienced Canopeners advise me of your favourite places to get your groceries near Topsail. Any really good bakeries that we shouldn't pass up? Fish market? And for those nights you don't want to cook, where do you go for great local food, not high end just good food. Input really appreciated. Deb
1954 Heilite Pop Top camper
DebnJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #389
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnJon View Post
I don't have a lot of time to stock my cupboard before we leave this snow in Canada....Could experienced Canopeners advise me of your favourite places to get your groceries near Topsail. Any really good bakeries that we shouldn't pass up? Fish market? And for those nights you don't want to cook, where do you go for great local food, not high end just good food. Input really appreciated. Deb
There is a Walmart 5 minutes from the park. For food take a right after exiting the park and head toward the beach. There are several good sea food eateries. Also further to the east a 20 minute ride is Seaside. They have several upscale restaurants and a food court right on the town square with a half dozen Airstream food carts. My favorites are the baked chicken and Thailand specialties. Next is the Destin area to the West with many different restaurants to suit any taste. No excuse to go hungry on the Gulf Coast.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 12-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #390
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Publix is about a mile and a half east and Walmart is about a mile west. Fish market just east on 98. Never had a bad meal from high end to dives all along 30A and along the gulf.
ljsigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #391
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
30A Closed @ Blue Mountain Beach

Wanted to let everyone know about the 30A closing. I live locally and this will be our 1st Canopener. If you need to go further than Blue Mountain Beach/Redfish Village traveling East on 30A, I would recommend taking 98E and then turn right at the light past 331. You can also take the detour if you are wanting to take the scenic 30A route. Some restaurants are cash only but do have ATM's on sight. Vintij across from the outlet mall is an excellent restaurant ($$$), Chanticleer in Grayton ($$), Hurricanes Oyster Bar ($$) and Johnny McTighes ($) are locals joints (cash only @ both). Feel free to ask if you have any other questions/recommendations in the area.

Paul (FL Dawg) & Jan Carter
site #74 1/2 - 1/7/18
FL Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #392
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsigman View Post
Publix is about a mile and a half east and Walmart is about a mile west. Fish market just east on 98. Never had a bad meal from high end to dives all along 30A and along the gulf.
Publix supermarket sells a delicious carry out 8 piece fried chicken dinner with sides and rolls for about $12. It has a wide variety of fresh ready to prepare meal items as well as the normal food of a regular supermarket. Publix also has a great fresh bakery and and carries a number of fresh and frozen seafood items.

As others have said there are plenty of good, reasonably priced eating places along 98 and 30A in strip centers close to the park and in nearby towns. Everything from seafood, to Italian, to Mexican, to Chinese to American. As in every town, the number of cars in the parking lot during meal hours attests to the popularity of the establishments and is a good indicator of the quality of the food. Ask the rangers for their recommendations when you check in, they probably have the best idea of which restaurants are currently at the top of their game. After all, most of us Canopener regulars haven't been there for a year. A lot can change in 12 months.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #393
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Paul and/or Jan. Never can tell who is posting with couples sharing the same screen name.
Is this the old issue with the bridge still out? Seems like this has been going on for years.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #394
Sun Rae

1977 Argosy 28
Lewisburg , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Simba View Post
We will bring our boards for the greatest tournament ever.
You better girls ttyl
jack9443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #395
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Paul and/or Jan. Never can tell who is posting with couples sharing the same screen name.
Is this the old issue with the bridge still out? Seems like this has been going on for years.

We have had issues with all the bridges over the years. This is one of those bridges previously repaired with a short term "bandaid" fix. It is just past the 4 way stop @ Redfish Village. Have to go around via 98 to pick 30A up at Grayton Beach.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #396
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
sea food anyone?

Judy and I love to head down 30A to Goatfeathers to pick up fresh seafood and bring it back for the Bar-b. It is always good and fresh. Cant go wrong. Grab some 30A brewskies to go along with the seafood.
Enjoy
Pete
S/OS#88
white laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #397
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
The latest Cornhole boards count

[QUOTE=AirHeadsRus;2046595]Calling all Cornhole boards
Helleerrrrrrrrr ..........we need Cornhole boards people!!!!! Let’s pony up and sign up please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
I wanted to re-post this as a “friendly” reminder......We need Boards & Bags please

Cornhole Tournament Boards
YES, I’ll bring a set of Cornhole boards and bags

1) Luckyducks - Russ
2) Wachuko - Jaime
3) AirheadsRUs - Annette
4) Stewball - Jim
5) Tin n Tonic - John
6)Chief Simba - Lisa
7)
8)
9)
10)
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:12 PM   #398
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnJon View Post
Stinky’s Crabshack is a mile or so south (turn right when exiting the park) and we’ve gone there every year! Excellent food and excellent Bloody Marys...... almost as good as mine

Annette...............queen of the bloody marys
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #399
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Canopener 2018

[QUOTE=AirHeadsRus;2048300]
Quote:
Calling all Cornhole boards

Helleerrrrrrrrr ..........we need Cornhole boards people!!!!! Let’s pony up and sign up please

Quote:

I wanted to re-post this as a “friendly” reminder......We need Boards & Bags please

Cornhole Tournament Boards

YES, I’ll bring a set of Cornhole boards and bags

1) Luckyducks - Russ

2) Wachuko - Jaime

3) AirheadsRUs - Annette

4) Stewball - Jim

5) Tin n Tonic - John

6)Chief Simba - Lisa

7) FL Dawg - Paul

8)

9)

10)
Old 12-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #400
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Those not familiar with the area around the CanOpener. 7 minutes away is a Public’s supermarket. It has a great bakery. Restaurant of every level are also a few minutes a way. I am in Site 017 loop 100. I live the n the area so just ask me and I can give you a number of choices. Enjoy!!!!

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote